......so, I dug through last week and found these that I didn't post.
I still love these Obedience Plants and found out more of them had sprung up next to the garage.
I'm holding this down low to make it stand up straight for a more detailed picture :-)
More of those red bugs on the pods that are hanging from the Honey Vine on my dead tree. Sort of yucky and neat at the same time.
Last week I went downtown to see an art show that several local fiber artists, including some quilters from our guild, were having and while I was there I photographed a couple of interesting building facades.
I just love neat old details on buildings and really should look for more!
Last week I went downtown to see an art show that several local fiber artists, including some quilters from our guild, were having and while I was there I photographed a couple of interesting building facades.
9 comments:
Your obedient plant is gorgeous. Looks great with the black-eyed susans.
Had to laugh at the alarm.
Marnie
I really am missing my quilting but I go down there to start something and I just can't seem to get started...I suppose we can have quilter's block.
Marnie: Thanks and I thought the burglar alarm was a hoot.
Rose: I've had quilter's block many times. Maybe we should challenge each other with something to work on. I'm doing some small fall projects at the moment.
What a pretty floer the Obedience Plant has. Really lovely!! The red bugs look like Box Elder bugs but I am not sure. That looks like a wonderful art exhibition Mary. And here I am at work and you are off on vacation, it does NOT seem fair to me. LOL!!
Very beautiful. Wonder, why they are named like that.
Have fun and bring us back some wonderful pics!
Cheers, Klaus
Joan: I've been seeing a lot of these little red bugs posted and they seem to be some sort of milkweed nymph?
Klaus: I tried to find the answer to your question and apparently if you twist the flower on the stem it holds that position. I haven't tried twisting them around....would hate to break them off! Not sure exactly what they mean.
Art and craft exhibits,the turned wood vases are especially lovely. I used to love attending and sometimes even exhibiting. This weekend we are going to a county fair and the work on display will be wonderful and inspiring to see I'm sure. I will love discovering the quilts and photography and paintings on display. Enjoy your trip!!
Great photos. Have a good time.
We will be leaving on SUnday for a few days to get out of here.
That artwork looks fabulous...and those bowls are outstanding!!
Post a Comment