I went by Mouteau Park hoping to find some birds and saw more than I expected....mostly birds I see every day at home, but at least I saw birds!
My best find was a Yellow-Rumped Warbler. I don't see too many of those or any other warbler.
It had apparently claimed this one tree as "his tree" and stayed in it the whole time I was there.
A bit shady so the shots are dark.
Flew down to a sunnier location once.
A Northern Flicker was searching the ground in the shade, also. There were also a lot of Robins and a few Cardinals in the same trees.
The Flicker on the tree....now if only that little shoot wasn't in the way!
One of the Robins sitting on the post.
On the way into the park, I could see a Kestrel on one of the pipes (this ground is an old landfill and these pipes have something to do with the gases trapped there, I think). I often see the Kestrel there using these pipes as a place to survey the area looking for something to eat. He was way out there, as you can see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi Mary...You was out for awhile..hows the knee doing!!
I really like the flickers and don't nearly as many here as we used to...I think they are a real pretty bird!!
My headaches have just about gone,that is if I don't do to much!!
Thanks for the prayers!!
Mary, you got some great shots of the birds!! I get all excited when I see birds I rarely see or new ones.
Love the yellow patches on the Warbler.
The Warbler and the Flicker have lovely markings Mary.
It is nice to see bird I never see. The flicker has lovely feathers do they make nice sounds our Australian bird are very rowdy.
Grammie G: The knee is not doing well, but I hate staying in.
Dorothy: I'm always happy to see a warbler of any kind and don't see many Flickers.
Joan: Yes, it's a pretty little bird.
Roy: Thanks!
Leanne: I'm not sure what the Flicker sounds like. I never hear the woodpeckers make much noise, except the little Downy at home that "chips" at me when I'm outside.
Post a Comment