Monday, October 4, 2010

Kestrel....

Not much today, but we did see a Kestrel up on the wire while driving around the other day. It sat there for a couple minutes before deciding it didn't like us....
.....but it didn't go far. From this point further down the wire it immediately spotted something on the ground and dove for it....

......back up with "something" held tightly in its talons.

....and away with the prize to a nearby tree!

10 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Now why to they take it where we cannot see them? :) I almost never see Kestrels here so it is lovely to find a post of them Mary.

I am back after my vacation so at least have a good internet connection. In the bush, it was just not opening some blogs but I am hoping to catch up on them in the next few days.

Kelly said...

...I saw a Kestrel at VOA the other day. They are beauties!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Nice shots.These birds generally do not sit long for the photographer.
Blessings,Ruth

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiul Kestrel pictures, Mary.... I love seeing them in flight... What a gorgeous bird.
Hugs,
Betsy

grammie g said...

Hi Mary...hope the shot has giving you some relief!!
I don't he cared much about your presents he was looking for lunch!!

Dorothy said...

Good shots! I never see these birds around here. Hope you have a very good week of exciting excursions!

George said...

This is a wonderful photo sequence. I'm glad you were able to capture the Kestrel in action.

Becky said...

I see a few of them around here, but they usually don't hold still enough for pictures. Great shots Mary.
B.

Jenny said...

Lovely set of photos Mary! They are so shy usually. I love that last one in flight particularly. (-:

Rose said...

I cannot capture a kestrel for love nor money...and I think they are so pretty.