Today is our 39th wedding anniversary! We decided to get out of town for a few days and are heading over to Ohio. I have so much stuff from the last part of last week, that I may set up posts before I go and save whatever I take while gone for when we get back.
I'm posting this daisy shot, because I carried daisies at my wedding :-)
Now a few of my birds....catching up.
This is my little Cardinal babe.....you can tell by the pale beak. What a gawky looking little thing!
I think it looks like it is born with an adult's beak and then the rest of it finally catches up.
Sort of silly looking little "doofus".
"Hear me cry!"
Actually there was a male on the rail above it totally ignoring it. Either not its parent, or it is on its own already.
One of my wrens on the post guarding the family in the vicinity.
I'm sure this is a young wren but it looks bigger than the little one that I posted yesterday. Eggs laid at different times??
The parents are very vigilant. They can be amazingly quiet when they don't want you to notice their family, but the rest of the time its "Teakettle, teakettle, teakettle" as loud as it can.....usually when I walk out the door.
Actually there was a male on the rail above it totally ignoring it. Either not its parent, or it is on its own already.
Then there is that other wren....the House Wren. I don't think I ever had any living here before. All I ever usually see are the Carolina Wren's.
This was when he was trying to stuff sticks in the gourd.....thinking about the problem after failing to jam it in sideways. Hmmmmmm.......
Still won't fit!
He did get a real short one in finally.
13 comments:
Happy anniversary - and many more! Hope you have a fun time in Ohio. Looking forward to seeing what interesting photos you bring back with you. Enjoyed the baby photos today. :-)
Congratulations my friend!! WOW!! Thats a good long time to be together. Enjoy your getaway.
Mary- Congrats to you and Mike. Megan and I are almost to three, hopefully we'll be graced with health and happiness for 39 years and more.
Tom
Mary: 39 years is a great time to celebrate. You have some great bird photos in this series, nicely done.
Happy Anniversary!! 39 years...wonderful! Welcome to Ohio (in advance). Bring you camera...we have lots of birds here! ;-)
Mary, Hope you have a great anniversary get-away. Tomorrow is our anniversary. Great bird pictures, as usual!!
Happy Anniversary!Bet you were ab eautiful bride,the daisies must have made a lovely bouquet.
Happy Anniversary, Mary... George and I celebrate ours on June 23.
Glad you are headed out. I'm sure you will come back with lots of new photos to share.
Love seeing your 'babies'... We have little Cardinals, Chickadee, and Downy's also... I wish I could get some good pictures... Maybe one day!!!!
Have fun --and CELEBRATE.
Hugs,
Betsy
Happy happy anniversary - hope you have a lovely few days in Ohio. The pics of your "babies" are lovely - such cute little things. A x
WOW Happy Anniversary Mary! Ruby next year then! (-: Have a great few days away. How lovely that you had the humble but beautiful daisy in your bouquet. Great photos, particularly of the Carolina Wren (my fav).
Mary, you have the most amazing baby bird shots. I have lots of birds, but the only babies I see are tons of House finches.
Happy Anniversary ! Have yourself a wonderful get-away.
Gary and i will be married 40 years in July. Where did all the time go?
B.
The happiest of anniversaries, Mary! You two have 8 years on GB and I. Love your photos, but I agree with you that baby cardinals are a scruffy lot.
I think it is a baby Downy. Look at the bars on his tail feathers. That is just my quess, not referring to any books.
Post a Comment