Friday, June 19, 2009

Loon wall hanging....

I already put this in my quilt blog, but since I first announced here a year ago that I was going to try quilting a loon......I thought I'd show it here. Loons are fun to pick fabric for :-)

11 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Quilting looks like such great fun Mary and the variety of subjects is endless. A lovely one.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful Mary. You really did great with this quilt. I love the colors. BUT---I need to tell you something. You need to put an alarm on your door/house. You know why????????

Because Shelley from Michigan will drive to Indiana and steal that loon quilt... You better watch that quilt and keep it within sight all of the time. Shelley LOVES loons!!!!!! So---be careful... I know that girl!!!!! ha ha ha

Hugs,
Betsy

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Very nice, even though those birds don't come here I still love them.

Kelly said...

...you did this? Awesome!! It's beautiful. I don't know how to quilt. I bet it takes a lot of precision with careful measurements...and patience!

Mary said...

Joan: Thanks! It was a fun one.

Betsy: LOL! I thought about Shelley while I was making it. I love loons, too even though I have never seen one.

Tom:Thanks! I would love to actually see a loon. I don't think we have them here either.

Kelly: This doesn't actually have much "quilting" on it....just an appliqued pattern layered like a quilt. Some quilting requires a lot of measuring, some doesn't. Quilting can be very arty now days. I'm trying to do nature subjects right now.

Rose said...

I am glad you showed it here...I am so behind in visiting everyone. I love the fabrics you chose.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Vry well done.You must have had fun with this one.
Blessings,Ruth

Mary said...

Rose and Ruth: Thanks! I want to do more birds. It is fun to look at fabric and imagine feathers.

George said...

This is a beautiful quilt. You did a wonderful job.

Leedra said...

I agree with Betsy that Shelley might try to sneak in and get the loon. The loon looks so good.

sandy said...

This is so nice and love the colors. Great job!