Thursday, June 11, 2009

Heading home today....

We are headed out for our last day....mostly driving home...but with a few stops we hope.
We've been a lot of diverse places. I have less nature photos then I do other things:-) We hiked at several nice nature places, but the photo ops weren't very good. Here are a few misc. shots for today until I get home and organize stuff. We saw lots of vultures....in trees....
....in the road.

Several deer at different places....

.....this one watched me as I watched it.
This was the coolest old birdhouse I have ever seen! It is in front of a quilt barn, which I will be posting later....saw lots of quilt barns.

One of two covered bridges we photographed...saw a couple more.

Saw incredible architecture in several of the old river towns we drove through, but didn't get to stop for photos. I shot this while sitting at a stop light. This is Batesville, Ohio.

This church in Batesville was so unique looking that I made Mike stop for a couple of photos. I've never seen a church this color or this type of stone(?) I didn't realize the light was wrong and the photos aren't as good as I would have liked.

Well, time to eat breakfast and check out and go take a few photos of Zanesville before leaving town. They have a Y bridge......only place you can cross a river and still be on the same side :-)

12 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

It is about time you came home. :) We miss you in blogland!! I do like that birdhouse! SOmething very different.

Dorothy said...

Great pictures, Mary. I know you had a fun trip. That is a mansion of a birdhouse!! Looking forward to seeing the quilt barns.

abb said...

Isn't the midwest just gloriously beautiful? Well, except the turkey buzzards...

Love love love that birdhouse! Beauty in decay.

Rose said...

I love that bird hotel, too! And that architecture is amazing. I always amazed at what lengths people will go for beauty.

and I love that tile roof of that church.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Beautiful fawn and the birdhouse is different. So are the vultures! A x

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That Purple Martin house is quite impressive.
Blessings,Ruth

Leedra said...

Hope you got a photo of the Y bridge. Seems like that would create a photography nightmare.

Becky said...

I think Ohio is the home of all the Vultures. I have lots of shots taken the other day on a dead deer. I'll post them this week-end. Sounds like you had a really nice time.
B.

Cicero Sings said...

I had to google map Zanesville to see how that bridge worked! Interesting.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone....I'll have the Y bridge tomorrow, Cicero. It's pretty interesting. We drove over it several times. That birdhouse seemed be have starlings living in it, even though it was probably designed for purple martins.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: You managed to get some good nature photos on your trip.

George said...

I think you got some wonderful pictures of nature. I really like that birdhouse -- I wonder how many 'apartments' it contains!