Thursday, June 25, 2009

Not dead, just busy....

Just want you to know that I'm still around! Between watching Wimbeldon, fixing crafts for VBS, and the heat, I'm just not getting out to take photos right now :-) My favorite triple-petaled Daylilies are opening now and I have them successfully scattered around several places. Here they wrap around the end of the garage in back.
A close-up of its lovely orange petals.

These darker red petaled daylilies are really taking off this year, too! They are one of the few things blooming in my so-called perenial bed this year....it is sadly neglected.

I like the way the stamins/anthers curve outward and upward. Looking back at the triple lily, you don't even see its stamins. How strange.

15 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

We have some day lilies but they are not open yet. Yours are beautiful, I love the red ones.

Enjoy Wimbledon! A x

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Both are equally beautiful.
Blessings,Ruth

Jenny said...

I LOVE that creamy rich orange Mary! How lovely to have them all over the place. Who do you want to win Wimbledon? Or is that a silly question! (-:

Mary said...

I'm a huge Federer fan, and think he is the best tennis player ever.....but of course I also support Roddick :-)

Shelley said...

Wow - I wish I had some of those flowers!! Pretty photos!

Leedra said...

I have the 'triple' orange. It is so nice when double blooms are so full they should be called triple. We all have the daylily fever right now there are so many in bloom.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

We have some similar daylilies (like your last one) that we got from Dad Adams. They have taken off also.

Love that triple-petaled Daylily. I've never seen one of those. Gorgeous!!!

Stay COOL.
Hugs,
Betsy

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I was wondering where you are? :) Lovely shots Mary.

Eve said...

I got the triples with my new property Mary. They are just fantastic! Lilies are probably my favorite flower!

John Theberge said...

Your daylilies are doing great, mine are still at the bud stage. It hasn't been hot here, just endless days of rain.

George said...

Beautiful daylilies, Mary. I especially like the orange ones. I don't think I've seen a more beautiful daylily.

Rose said...

Oh, I love that triple-petaled daylily you are showing..it is just wonderful.

I had computer/router problems today and just now getting to do anything fun on here. Funny--they are so much fun until they give problems and then I wish I had never got used to them....

Becky said...

Lilies have got to be one of my favorites.
Gorgeous Mary.
B.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours Mary.

WR said...

the flowers are so pretty that I could almost convince myself that it is cool outside! :)