Monday, June 1, 2009

My little Chickadee..dee...dee

Early evening brings the little chickadees to the feeders to try their new feeding skills. I've seen 3 for sure, so I'm pretty sure my family from the gourd survived. "I'm king of the feeder!"
"unnn.....I have to eat that?"

"Ok...I got one, what do I do now?"
"You're kidding....put it between my feet???"
"I think she needs to refill this watering bowl"

"I'm so cute!"

13 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Don't you just love Chick-a-dee-dee-dees. They are so precious.

I left my suet out (for the birds) while we were in NC.. BUT--when we returned, it was ALL gone.. Guess the possoms or Raccoons got it. Thoughts????

Hugs,
Betsy

Becky said...

I haven't seen any baby birds yet, but should soon. I love Chick-a-dees. They are always entertaining.
It's raining, and no frost last ight.
YEA!
B.

abb said...

I love chickadees.

Got my cozies in Saturday's mail! You didn't hafta, Mary, but I'm glad you did! Thank you so very much. I'll treasure them.

Arija said...

I do adore chicadees. When I was little, my dad used to call me his hickadee, somehow the loving thought still lingers.

Mike said...

Yep very cute and fast, nice shots.

Dorothy said...

Nice! The Chickadee is one of my favorite birds!! Thanks!

Mary said...

Betsy: Probably raccoons. I try to remember to take down any suet that is hanging on a tree at night. If it is on the metal posts they don't seem to bother it as much.

Becky: Hope you have baby birds soon! Glad you didn't get frost...this late???

Annie: You are welcome and I was thrilled to have you send me seeds.

Arija: How cute to be called Chickadee :-)

Mike: They do move fast and I throw away as many shots as I keep. And they like the late afternoon light when I have trouble getting focus.

Dorothy:I think everyone loves Chickadees...they are just too cute to not love.

George said...

You got great pictures of your young chickadees. I'm glad they all apparently survived.

Shelley said...

You got him in so many cute poses! I love the chickadee's personality - they are so bold and fearless!

Lindy said...

Very cute and I love the captions!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh I agree he is king, but only when Star is not there. :)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Beautiful little guy.

Don Wood said...

Yep he sure is cute XXX Don