I've been told that there are two eaglets, but I never see more than one plus the parent. Sunshine today made for better photos.
Look how big the baby is now! You can see the adult's white head above that branch and "junior" is getting quite tall.
Do you think he might be dreaming about flying as he sits there.....or just watching for dad to bring some food?
Look at this poor harassed heron! I assume it arrived with food and the 3 very large youngsters want some....now!
It looks like they are attacking!
No wonder we saw several of the adults down "fishing" in the swamp below.
Caught in a rather clumsy flight moment.
Mike saw this one catch a big fish! He said it could barely swallow it. At least someone's chicks are going to be happy!
The two parents in that top nest have 3 chicks as seen in the next photo. The nest below on the right appears to have several chicks that are unattended at the moment.
3 little heads peeking up. These are obviously not as old as those 3 mobbing the mother in that other nest.
Showing the variety of life in the rookery.
More unattended chicks?
Can't tell if this is one nest or two, but there seem to be a lot of heads in it!
I also took photos of some roadside wildflowers and we went to the wetlands, so I should have photos all week......in between watching the tennis matches :-) The last American player got beat in the men's today. There have been a lot of upsets in this tournament.
12 comments:
Wonderful shots Mary. Thanks for the update.
Mary: You have made some neat captures. I take so many photos when visiting the rookery.
I love seeing all your baby activity! LOL on that awkwark heron flight moment - they are so neat to watch!!
This has been a very interesting post.I enjoy seeing the Herons.They look way to big for those nests.It is amazing.
Blessings,Ruth
Nice Herons like the fishing ones best .......How have the UK done in tennis today ? My brother has been here this afternoon so not seen any news XXX Don
They are all growing so fast Mary. I can't believe the size of that Eagle chick! Thanks for keeping us updated on them all even through the Tennis! (-:
I had heard, Mary, that there was only one American left in the tennis tournament. Wonder what has happened to the Americans??? Remember the days of Jimmy Conner, and many other GREATS?????
Your baby birds (not so little) are really growing, aren't they??? I'd love to see them fledge...
Hugs,
Betsy
You got some wonderful photos of the eagles and herons. I'm very impressed.
It still amazes me how these nests stay put, and now that the chicks are bigger I would think they would all fall out. Good shots Mary.
B.
Lots of great shots today Mary! Amazing how fast those babies grow.
...fantastic series! I love watching these fellows grow up. Some of ours are starting to leave the nests...it's strange to see empty nests were the babies used to be! It's really cool you have eagles and herons nesting in the same place!
Don't you just love how the cranes look coming in for a landing? I have sure enjoyed these pictures.
Post a Comment