Cedar Falls is a beautiful place and I took a lot of photos. I will post the falls first for those who don't want to look at all the rocks and plants that we passed on the way to it :-)
If you like details....here is a sign all about the falls.
First glimpse of the falls through the trees.
The falls up close. I love the way it splits and then comes back together. It was a very peaceful, tranquil falls and the whole area is beautiful.
Above the split
Flowing around and back together.
A cave opening next to the upper part of the falls.
Another huge cave opening off to one side up high.
Back at the top of the hill where you start.....as you come down into the lower forest, there is beautiful moss all over the rocks and ferns everywhere.
If I was an artist this place was made for drawing homes of "fairies" or other little forest creatures. I could imagine a whole hillside community of little creatures living in the various nooks and crannies and holes under the moss covered roots and rocks. I did see one chipmunk, but he was too fast for me and I only got his tail as he disappeared.
The plants were all so beautiful and no dense underbrush and poison ivy like I would see here where I live.
One tree had these fungi on the side.
I loved this tangle of roots.
High up on the cliff face an opening and plants and flowers clinging tightly.
More flowers below.
The view along the stream bed....so serene and quiet.
This was interesting.....a tree fallen sideways but still rooted and growing! It just lay there across the stream with all its leaves dangling in the water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
A very beautiful post. Delightful little waterfall and caves amd all those moss covered rocks and hillsides.
Arija: Thank you...it was a lovely place.
Lots of interesting scenery Mary.
Wow Mary!! I could spend days in a place like this it is really beautiful.
Wonderful, wonderful pictures! Oh how I love the outdoors!
Wow--what a gorgeous place, Mary.. I love that entire setting, not just the beautiful waterfall. The moss, the ferns, EVERYTHING ---is fabulous. Looks like a place where I could live all of the time. We'll add Hocking to our long list of places to visit!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Mary, I have loved this post. I will be quite honest with you and say that it would be so hard for me to stay out of that stream and not wade a little bit. If no one was around...not sure I could do it.
This must be a magical place,the beauty is awesome.Love the split waterfall.
Blessings,Ruth
We'll have to add this waterfall to our 'must see' list. We haven't been to that part of Ohio, but I can see we'll have to rectify that.
So pretty. What a nice escape. Love the falls.
Mary: You certainly were in a beautiful part of the state. Nice captures from the park.
Post a Comment