I found this beautiful little pocketguide to butterflies on Ebay. It has beautiful pictures and has a hand-drawn, hand-lettered style.
It is by Millie Miller and Cyndi Nelson and comes from Johnson Books in Boulder, CO
It's very pretty to look at and sometimes I even learn a new butterfly from it :-) Although I am not sure about that one I posted today. (see below)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That's pretty! I need some help in identifing butterflies.
This looks like a neat book. It would be a nice way to learn more about butterflies.
Hi Mary, That book looks so neat. I have no idea which butterfly is which --so that would be a book I need!!!!
Love,
Betsy
What a charming little book! The art work looks so familiar, my mom must have one of their books, too.
Search for those two on google or amazon and you'll see the two of them have written many books that are just charming. "Early Birds" about backyard birds, "Talons" about birds of prey, "Hummer" about...well I think it's obvious, and many others as well. The art work is incredible!
Oh! That's a beautiful book and just what I need to start learning the butterflies. It looks like it's in the style of one of my favorite older books, "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady" by Edith Holden.
I may have to buy myself some more of these guides....the price on the back is $5.95....very cheap!...but I don't know how old it is since I bought it second-hand. Can't remember what I paid on Ebay for it. Not a lot.
Looks like a real old one. Just remember they change the names sometimes. Hap told me the American Painted Lady is now just called the American Lady, guess that is to keep the confusion down with the Painted Lady. I used to wonder why the bird books were updated every year. I thought, why? But guess that is why. This would be something you want to protect, so you will have it years from now.
What a delightful find Mary. It looks like someone took a lot of time to put it together and enjoyed every minute of it.
That's a beautiful little book Mary. When you think about it, this is how a lot of nature books got started originally through people observing and then drawing and painting what they have observed.
Post a Comment