Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baby Wren Sunday....

Cuter than squirrels.....baby Carolina Wren!
My garage babes have fledged. I know there is one for sure.You can click on the photos to see them larger, but I couldn't crop any closer. I had to sit out in the front yard far enough away that they would come out of the Lily of the Valley where they are hiding. I see the parents still going into the garage, so I don't know if there are more in there.
If you click on this one you can see the tiny little up-tilted tail!

Feeding time!


I can't tell if this one is covered in dust from our garage, or little soft feathers.

Peeking out at the world
All fluff.
"Mom....where did you go?"
I keep seeing a parent or two going in the garage. Maybe there is more than one nest in there!
I've got baby birds everywhere....baby Cardinal, baby House Finch, baby downys. I'm behind on posting and we are going out of town Monday for a few days. I may never get caught up unless I manage to set some of these up before I leave.

19 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Cute for sure!! I love the way the fluff sticks out at the back of his head in the last picture. Cuter tha Star? Well, I will have to think about that but I dont think so. :)

Mike said...

How cute, look forward to your other young bird shots. Mike :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cute Mary... I love seeing baby birds. They are just so fuzzy!!!! I have not seen any baby Carolina Wrens around here lately. Don't know where they are --or where they are nesting.

Love the shot where Mom or Dad are feeding the baby... Awesome!!!

Have a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Dorothy said...

How cute! This is one of my favorite birds. This is the first time I've seen the babies.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mary, these are wonderful. I so miss the baby wrens we had in Virginia!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Now those are about the cutest hing ever.I think the little up turned tail is adorable.Thanks.
Blessings,Ruth

Becky said...

What a cutie! I've never seen a baby before. Lets hope there is more.
The only babies I know for sure is the Bluebird, and actually these haven't hatched yet, BUT mama is setting on the nest still. Soon I hope.
Have a safe trip.
B.

Mary said...

I just hope the little thing made it safely through the night. It looked so small! I've kept my cats in all morning, for fear it was still out there in the bushes. It looked barely big enough to flutter, let alone fly :-)

George said...

What great photos1 You're right about this baby wern being cuter than squirrels. I just love his fluffy hair-do.

Kerri Farley said...

How adorable!

Shelley said...

That wobbly piece of fluff was adorable - I just love watching the parents feed the babies!!

Rose said...

Oh, Mary...I just want to hold one and love it to pieces!

I showed a squirrel today on my blog...check it out when you come back. I hope you are going out of town to have fun.

Rajesh said...

Very cute. Beautiful snaps.

DeniseinVA said...

Darling little thing isn't he? Great photos!!!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Beautiful shots of the baby Wren.

Kathy W said...

What a cutie. It was great that he came out so you could get some pictures of him.

Cicero Sings said...

Lucky you to have so many babies. We don't seem to get any nesting couples in or to our yard. Just migrating birds spring and fall. Okay, the odd chickadee all winter and nuthatch.

abb said...

What neat photos. Now I know why we don't have baby birds - they're smart enough to know there's a cat in residence.

Leedra said...

The babies are so ugly they are cute!