Every morning when I open the curtains, Mouse stretches out in the sunshine. Sometimes I feel like telling her to "move over!"
Kitty bliss
If she would open her eyes, she would see the squirrel enjoying the sunshine and free bird seed on the deck.
At the wetlands this pair of Mallards were enjoying a bit of sun, too.
The lovely Mrs......
....the male searching for food.
I like being able to see nests in the wintertime. This one looked very sturdy and well built. I always wonder what lived in them.
Lichen on a stump
The sunlit grasses.
Not much in the way of wildlife out that day, but the sun sure felt good!
In my other blog "This, That, and The Other Thing" I have posted some photos of quilts and quilt barns from our last trip to Henderson area.
14 comments:
Oh,I like those grasses. Yes,kitty should share that spot of warm sunshine.Is there room for me too? :)
Hi Mary...What a cute baby laying in the sunshine!!
Mallards are my favorite ..they always look like they are smiling : }
Nest can be seen in winter where you would never know they where in you own yard ..fun isn't it..that a biggy!!
I have to look at the quilts ..I havent been there in forever!!
Grace
Great pictures, Mary! That is the furriest cat I've ever seen! Love the Mallards, Lichen and grasses.
nice shot of the plicatura crispa, deadly species of fungi. The coconut! I cut the coconut in half hang it up and let the birds eat it as it is in the shell. then the tits like it filled with sunflower seeds If I spread the seeds on the floor the glutinous starlings take it all. This retirement is a hard life Mary,
the nests Mary I too like seeing all the nests must say they build them in strange places wonder the wind does not destroy them
Does mouse have some Mane coon in its line,
looks very much like our sylvester,
Lovely photo, as usual, Mary ... and as for your adorable feline friend!
I love the Mallard ducks, too. We were really surprised at thew w/e to find Mallards floating a little way out at sea on a bitterly cold day ... with a sheltered pond just behind the sand dunes!
Ruth, Grace, Dorothy: Thanks! I'd like to spend all day in the sunshine spots like Mouse :-)
Tony: Thanks for the info on the coconut. I think that Mouse has some Persian, but not Maine Coon as far as I know. She mostly has "meanness" in her. Doesn't like that fur combed or cared for.
Carolyn: Thanks. I guess Mallards are everywhere there is water. Maybe that is where the food was at the moment.
Yep sounds like a persian we had one once, never again, mean was not the word for her.
Gorgeous sunny post! I love that sweet kitty. :-) But, she is missing a lot, as you say! I especially like the lichen and the grasses. Oh, by the way, the restaurant used to be called Acacia when it had different owners. Lots of changes, but the basic outside is the same in front, and of course the Plaza has been there quite a while. You've probably seen it, or even been there! Thanks for coming by! I hope you will get a chance to eat at Union when you come!
Hi, Sorry I haven't been around this week. We have been traveling and taking more photos... Hope you are having a great week.
Great photos. Don't you wish we could relax like cats do???? Gorgeous kitty!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Mary, thanks for your comment....oh, I fixed that link on my sidebar if you want to try again. I think her drawing is Feb 7th.
I ALWAYS LOVE Your Mallards on the wetlands. XXX Don
Sometimes I would love to be one of my cats that just got waited on hand and foot...I wouldn't have to do dishes or cook or clean and could sleep any time I wanted. They have it made.
Mouse looks like a dust mop. LOL We have had a few sunny days ourselves, something rare in the winter for our area. I haven't had very many winter birds either.
I was just reading about those tall grasses called Phragmites, and they are becoming invasive everywhere especially in our wetlands.. Since I read the article, I have noticed them all over our area.
B.
Post a Comment