NOTE: For those who already looked at this post, I made a mistake and called the Chinese Goose an Egyptian Goose....sorry! Hope I got it right this time!
A few more photos from the same park where the "ugly ducks" live. Here are the rest of the flock that live there. Chinese goose and a few Canadian geese and some domestic ducks.
China and Canada......hmmmmm. This seems to cry out for a caption, but I can't think of anything. Any suggestions?
Chinese goose flaring his wings.
Another of the flock pecking around. At least they didn't attack me looking for food. They get fed by lots of people and can be a bit aggressive in their demands.
I like the color of the duck on the left. A pretty pair enjoying the nice day in the pond.
White goose doing the wing thing.
This is their home. A nice little pond and the park is pretty empty at this time of year.
Fountain in the middle of the pond.
This cabin was up the road from the park and I just loved it's stained glass window.
11 comments:
Egyptian ducks?? Off to google how they came by that name!
The Egyptian goose looks very similar to a toulouse we once kept toulouse they are prone to swallowing their tongue.
the link you would find interesting is thishttp://welshfirst.blogspot.com/2011/12/novembers-journey-to-pwllheli.html
then click on older posts. four castles of north wales .
Annie: Sorry about the confusion. I don't know domestic type geese and called it the wrong thing. It is a Chinese goose...I think!
Tony: You are close than I was! I believe it is a Chinese Goose.
Whatever they are called, I think they are pretty and interesting to watch. Thanks for posting!
The Chinese goose looks so regal and haughty I would say he's saying to the Canadian goose, "Out of my way you common duck, I'm coming through!" Not a very good caption, but the best I could think of. :-)
Thanks for your very sweet comments, Mary, and thank you for correcting my little "faux pas." I've fixed it now, and do apologize! Love the geese and ducks, even the "ugly" ones.
Oh What a neat cabin... I'd love that one!!!!
I've never seen a Chinese Goose before... So pretty... That pond is a nice 'home' for them...
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy
Love the geese Mary. and that cabin is awesome!
Hope you are having a good week.
B.
She seems to be saying, "Well, I don't know about you, but I'm proud of the way I look and I'm gonna hold my head up high." Love the pictures, especially love your bird pictures on the side bar. I love taking pictures of our birds outside my kitchen window at our feeders. They are eating us out of house and home this winter, but that's okay.
Thanks everyone for stopping by! It is rainy today and I need some bird photos! Two good captions so far...will wait a couple more days (Friday) to end this.
Interesting ducks...I don't know my domestic geese at all...
I like both Janet and Marie's captions! Will contact both of you about a prize.
Post a Comment