Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Birds vs. tennis.......

Well, it is Australian Tennis Open time, so the birds are having to compete for my watching time :-)  I may not post a lot in the next couple of weeks depending on the matches.
"Is this for me????"
The Titmouse always looks like a happy child that is excited with whatever it finds in the feeders.
Mrs. Cardinal looking for some seeds.
Mr. Cardinal nearby
 That brief bit of snow brought a couple of Robins who were hoping there might still be a pear or two on the ornamental pear tree.....no such luck.  They cleaned them out months ago.
 A female Cowbird dropped by with her mate.
 My daily Downy.....one of them anyway.
 Mrs. Red-bellied........still no sign of a male hanging around.
I just thought this view was funny :-)
******
OK.....back to tennis and quilting and maybe I'll even eat breakfast first.

10 comments:

grammie g said...

Hi Mary...it it that time again all ready...where does time go anyway???
Well you have some very nice visitor's and at least you have keep your company fed while your watching tennis!!
grace

Angie said...

I love your bird photos! Some(one) (Rocky Raccoon?) made off with my suet cage feeder last night, the little rascal. :) I need to make a batch of Zick Dough today. My feathered friends have finally decided they like it. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those Robins make me wish for spring. Enjoy the tennis.

Roy said...

Lovely images Mary, yes I bet you will be torn between the two pastimes now.

Dorothy said...

Great pictures of your birds! That last one IS funny...looks like his nose is turned up! Sweet Downy...I never see them! Enjoy your tennis and quilting! I think I'm headed for a nap.

Janet, said...

I love your bird pictures. We put out peanuts in the shell for our birds and the blue jays and titmice love them. Every now and then a cardinal will snatch one up.

Rose said...

Such beautiful birds!

Judy said...

Yes, I love that last capture, too! Just a bit different from all the others!

A Colorful World said...

Ah, you sound like my Mom when college football season starts! :-) I'm just not much of a sports fan myself, but I know I'm very much in the minority! Loved your pictures! That titmouse is so sweet, and boy that closeup shot at the end was wonderful!

Becky said...

I had a female Red-bellied here for the first time today, and haven't seen the male yet either.
No Robins here, way too much snow.
I must ask you what kind of suet you buy. You have different birds eating yours.
B.