I was thrilled to see a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (?) on the maple tree the other day! I haven't seen one for a couple of years. I don't see a white wing patch, but don't see how it can be anything else.
It appears to be a juvenile.....seems late in the year.
I can see a tiny bit of red right above the beak.
He was way up high on the tree....I'm sure you can tell that by the angle. His back really blends. If he hadn't been moving around a little bit, I might have missed seeing him.
I hope he comes back and tries the lower part of the tree so I can get better photos.
6 comments:
Great captures. I wish there were a way to teach to birds to come a little lower,just for us who want pictures. LOL
Wow---You found a good one, Mary.. He does look like a Juvie... But--like you said, it's late in the year for that.... ?????... Have no idea --but he is gorgeous. Hope you get more pictures of him/her.
Hugs,
Betsy
He certainly would be easy to miss! You have a good eye.
These are so perfectly camouflaged! Good job shooting these Sapsuckers!!
You do have a great eye! Glad you didn't miss this interesting guy!
They do blend in well!! Glad you saw him :)
Post a Comment