Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Watery Wednesday....Newburgh, Indiana

Click on this icon for more Watery Wednesday hosted by 2sweetnsaxy! Thanks!

Newburgh, Indiana is a small river town up-river from Evansville. There are locks and dams located there that I'll probably show in another post.

For Watery Wednesday, I thought I show mostly some river front shots. Nice boardwalk along the Ohio River.

I was trying to capture both the berries and the water....so-so success.

I like the blue porches on the Edgewater Grill.

This is in the old part of town and I just thought this was a really odd building. Looks like it has a leak problem or missing roof or something with the blue tarp on top. Why would you build a tower that just sort of hung off the upper story?

Along the river front there is this little log cabin which I assume has some history.......

......and above it on the hillside are large stately homes with an unobstructeded view of the river. Would love to see inside this one....I like the roofline!

Most of Newburgh is a huge sprawling modern "bedroom community" for Evansville. Different county, different taxes and such..... they want the conveniences that Evansville offers without paying for them.

13 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

I love that white house. The gingerbread, the gables, the dormers, wow!
Marnie

Mary said...

Marnie: I love it too, but I imagine the little log cabin is more in my price range :-)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Those are some nice water captures during nice weather.

Jan said...

Fun post. I really like your photos of Newburgh. Your water shots are outstanding, as well as the shots of the town. Thanks for the tour.

2sweetnsaxy said...

This was cool! Thanks for the tour. I can't figure that hanging tower thing either. I think I'd be afraid of falling through the floor if I was sitting in it.
:-D

Aisha said...

You have awesome watery wednesday shots! Love the shot with the tree branches and the water in the background.

Guy D said...

Excellent pics, looks like a great place to spend a day. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great photos of Newburgh, thanks for the tour. Thanks for stopping by my place. Take Care!!

Sherrie

Carletta said...

Nice pics of the town!
I like the berries and the water.
It sure would be nice to have that house overlooking the river. I wouldn't get a thing done though for looking at the river all day.

Mojo said...

Love those two shots of the boardwalk!

Connie T. said...

I like your photos of the river. Very nice.

Rose said...

What a house! Can you imagine roofing it, or doing the upkeep! But I sure would love to see inside it.

Becky said...

More cool shots of your area Mary. You seem to have so many interesting places to show us. Thanks for sharing.