Friday, November 28, 2008

Skywatch Friday....

It's Skywatch Friday! Time to look up and see what's there!I was at Wesselman Woods and the trees are very old and tower above me!

What else do I see.....squirrel!.....

.....Pileated Woodpecker!......

....clouds......

....sometimes just trees!

OK....my neck hurts from looking up, so lets look down and see the sky in the pond instead :-)
Click on the "Skywatch" icon on my sidebar for more skies around the world.
Thanks to all who work hard to help host the site each week.

28 comments:

Eve said...

Great Skywatch Mary...love the clouds shot!

Becky said...

Such pretty blue sky. I sure wish we would see more of this during the winter months. Those trees ARE tall!

me ann my camera said...

Beautiful whichever way you want to view them; trees. Happy Skywatching.

And to answer your question, I quilted the quilt with my sewing machine.
ann

Mary said...

Eve: Thanks!

Becky: It's a very old forest in the middle of our city.

Ann:Thanks! You did a wonderful job on it from what I could see.

Rose said...

I like that sun in the pond...almost looks like it is emerging from the water instead of being a reflection.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

O,Wow!Such beauty.The reflections are stunning.
Blessings,Ruth

Janet said...

You really found some great wildlife to capture!

kjpweb said...

Gorgeous (and so was your video)!
Have a great weekend!
Cheers, Klaus

Tanya Breese said...

A beautiful series of photos! Happy skywatch :)

HappyK said...

Great collection of sky pictures. That's one tall tree and a nice bonus to get the squirrel and woodpecker on it too.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: What a neat set of shots into the sky and you had some neat nature shots as well.

Anonymous said...

Its always fascinating to look up at trees any time of the year Mary.

Guy D said...

Great shots as always, I especially love the last one.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Jenny said...

Lovely set of SWF photos Mary. Like many others, I love the reflection one too.

Unknown said...

Lovely skywatch photos! How lucky to see the squirrel and the woodpecker!
By the way, I just love the photo under the title of your blog! The duck looks so funny watching its reflection! :-)

Dianne said...

wonderful views and animals and reflection

DeniseinVA said...

Such a great post for SWF Mary and I love your photos.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Your posts have a way of making me smile. Thanks for my smile and the Thanksgiving wishes. Mine was really nice. Hope yours was as well.
:-)

abb said...

Wonderful photos as always, Mary.

The Good Life in Virginia said...

a great series of photos...love the trees.

Cathy said...

I love all your pics but especially 4,5, and 6.

Naturegirl said...

Mary I love the blue sky in these images..something we are missing here! The last image is spectacular..the reflections!!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I love the perspetive of these Mary. We so seldom take pictures with the camera taken straight up like this. That last reflection is reallt beautiful.

Mary said...

Thank you everyone! We are still having fall weather here and blue skies most of the time. I posted this woods once before. It is a really old stand of virgin timber located in the middle of our city. The trees are definitely tall and make you want to look straight up! The Pileated woodpecker was a plus!

D said...

Your blog is beautiful! I also like your other two blogs. I'm thinking of learning to quilt, so interesting coincidence that you visited my blog so I could find yours!
Thanks for your visit and comment!

Mary said...

D: Thank you! Come again!

Anonymous said...

Interesting looking straight up in that first one. It almost makes me dizzy.

Great skywatch, thanks for joining us!

Mary said...

Wren: I had to brace myself on another tree trying to take the woodpecker shots...all that looking up gets to you :-)