Thursday, November 13, 2008

ABC's of Thanksgiving....M

M is for Mockingbird
If there is one bird I have dozens of good photos of, its the Mockingbird! The Mockingbird loves to pose! I think he is a "ham actor".......look at the faces he shows.
He can be sweet looking......

.....or give you the evil eye!


He can be well-groomed.....

....or look a little messy and ruffled.

He can make funny faces......

......or just sit in funny ways to pose.

He can be "fat".......

.....or maybe "fatter"

.....and he can be just absolutely beautiful!


.....or a bit gross and disgusting! Yuck!

Sometimes he just looks COLD!

Well, it seems unfair to not mention that M is for Mallard.
Mr. Mallard posing on the log......his head sometimes looks blue rather then green!

Mrs. Mallard looking shy.

15 comments:

Eve said...

This was very fun Mary. Good M's! I just love your mockingbird!

Becky said...

I'm always fascenated with Mockingbirds. You never really know who it is till you see him.
We don't have those up here. I love your words.
Pouring here today!

Anonymous said...

Really good images of the Mockingbird Mary -thanks for showing them.

Mary said...

Thank you everyone! I'm in a "quilting frenzy" today and have to finish something, so I may not get around to blogs or write many comments until late if at all! It's been pouring here for the last couple days, so we finally are getting rain!

me ann my camera said...

Ah ha! As I thought, the bird with all the voices. Very nice.

Roses and Lilacs said...

I really enjoyed your photos. I haven't seen a mocking bird since I left Alabama. Cornell's map says there are some in this area, but apparently not many.
Marnie

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: A special look at the Mockingbird. Thanks for sharing all your views of the bird.

Rose said...

I sure enjoy your bird pictures...we always had mockingbirds at home. And I seen them at the orchard, but I don't think I have ever seen one here.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

A very talented Mocking bird indeed with so many poses!! :) Very beautiful pictures Mary. You are really making me jealous with all your lovely bird photographs. LOL!!

Jenny said...

I agree with everyone else, great photos of the Mockingbird Mary. It's great when birds like to pose for us. Looking forward to N...trying to think.......

abb said...

That one photo, mockingbird truly looks like he has a cold and needs to blow his, um, beak.

What a great group of photos.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Love the various pictures of the Mockingbird.This is a bird we don't see here.

Tina said...

You've really captured many of that mockingbird's personality traits...great job. This is my first visit to your blog and I did enjoy looking at your posts!! :) Hope you get your quilt finished!!

Mary said...

Thank you everyone...I'm getting caught up on the quilt stuff, so hopefully I will get caught up on blogs next!

Tina: thank you for stopping by!

2sweetnsaxy said...

Great M's. You outdid yourself on these. :-)