Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fall images from Hartman Arboretum....

I remembered on Thursday to drive to the Arboretum and see what they had around now that Fall is here. The drive up the gravel road was pretty even though not real colorful.


I was surprised to find that there was an interesting mix of both flowers and dead former flowers. I'll try to show some of both. I believe Mr. Hartman said this was some sort of Goldenrod.

The Sedum is much deader looking than mine, but I liked the color.

One forlorn looking mum lying on its side on the path.

I think these were purple in the summer.

These were pretty and still blooming nicely!
I miss the butterlies and bees that swarmed on everything a couple months ago!

Another plant done for the year.
These were still beautiful and full of color.One little skipper still hanging around on the remaining flowers...not a very good shot.

These were attractive still.

I like the Winterberries and they have an orange and a red one side by side.

A more distant shot.
Probably the last trip I'll make there this year, but I'll look forward to this butterfly garden again next summer, now that I know where it is!

10 comments:

Becky said...

Lots of color left for you to see. Just about everything is gone here now, but there is still beauty in the spent plants and flowers. Today is yucky, cold, wet, and snow predicted for tomorrow. Have a great Saturday.
B

Mary said...

Becky: When you talk about snow it makes me appreciate that we still have fall and I want to get out and enjoy it before its gone!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Lovely - a wonderful time of year for spectacular shots.

A

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Nice variety of plants and colors.Yes, there is beauty even in dried plants and flowers.We too got a good layer of snow on Friday,so no more color until spring.

Rose said...

It really looks wintry up here in our part of Indiana...yesterday was sunny and bright to begin with, and before the day was over you would have thought it was going to snow.

Before the clouds took over I did see a Monarch down by the river when we were at Merom Bluffs...

What are those red flowers in your pictures? I think you have a tad bit more in your area of Indiana...

Mary said...

Strawberry Jam Anne: Thanks for stopping by! I went out today and shot over 300 shots...hopefully some of them are good :-)

Ruth: I just dont want to think about snow! Luckily we are below the heavy snow belt.

Rose: Today was still pretty but cold, so we went out and got shots in several nice places before the color is gone. My leaves at home are dropping fast and so is the temp. I don't know the name of the red flowers. I should carry a little notebook or take photos of the signs identifying these things...duh! Maybe someone else will give the name.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Very nice nature captures, that Skipper shot is neat.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

It seems as if eveything is definitely at the end of the season there. Here it was raining the whole day yesterday so I did not manage to get out at all ..... maybe today it will be sunny again.

A Colorful World said...

I love the winterberries too! Your pics are all so nice! There was some color left to enjoy...I'll look forward to your spring shots of the same place!
Marie

2sweetnsaxy said...

I wish we actually had seasons here. It's good to have the good weather we have but...there's never much change. I adore those fall colors. Really nice shots and a great tour. :-)