Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Blog question....

Can anyone tell me how to indicate in my profile which blog is my main blog? People stumble into my Bible Study blog and my Quilt Blog.....more than welcome!.....but I know that sometimes they are looking for my Nature/Photo blog. I can't find anyway that allows me to put them in a certain order or define what sort of blog they are. I don't wish to hide any of these 3 blogs, so that isn't an option, and I don't want to change the blog name.....I've gotten used to it :-)

16 comments:

Katney said...

I don't know but it is something that Blogger should make available. A new visitor commented on my Odd Shots the other eday that they were going to participate. I went to their profile and found about eight blogs listed. I didn't have time for all of them.

Can you hide them, though? That is something that would work for me for some things I am involved in.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I sort of have that same problem, that people find my Big World blog but miss my other two blogs. I don't know if there is a way to distinguish main blgos.
--JB

Mary said...

I actually have one hidden blog already, but don't want to hide the 3 that I keep open to visitors. Even though I use the Faith, Fabric, Photos blog link when I post on things like My World and Sky Watch, they still somehow stumble into whatever blog is listed first under my profile. I think it changes depending on which one you posted on last.

Cicero Sings said...

I've noticed this too ... especially when visiting other profiles (from comments) only to see several blogs and not knowing which one to choose. Like someone else said, one doesn't have time for ALL of them. I only have two ... and have hidden one at times but they are quite different and serve different purposes.

Rose said...

Mary, I have wondered the same thing. Not that I have multiple blogs...but I do come across those that have several blogs and you don't know which to check out.

Katney said...

Okay, there seems to be enough of an interest in this to propose it to the Blogger bigwigs. I'm going to figure out how to do so and will let you all know what, if anything, I find out.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

How about putting a bracket after the name with either Christian, Quilting and Nature in?

DeniseinVA said...

I only have one blog Mary so haven't had to deal with that issue just yet. I hope you find an answer. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

While it isn't exactly what you're asking, you can indicate in your blogger profile a web page address. I use that to indicate Wrenaissance as my main blog rather than the others. Not perfect but it helps.

abb said...

Drives me crazy too. I finally removed all my blogs but the main one and of course ABC Wed. We should all write blogger.com separately and request they allow us to rank our blogs.
I tend to go to the first one listed, but that's not always the correct one.
O bother!

abb said...

I LOVE your new header!

Mary said...

I'm glad to see that this is a universal problem and not just something that I wasn't able to figure out! I'd be happy to just be able to put a few words about each blog in the profile page. Hopefully if we all go ask Blogger about it, we will find out something!

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne said...

The "about me" section is right above the list of the blogs in the profile. I wonder if you could put a note in "about me" describing the main blog and the purpose of each blog.

I absolutely love your blog and all the critters and beautiful countryside that you see. I enjoy your pictures and the descriptions you have about the birds, animals, or natural areas you are exploring.

Thank you for sharing the beautiful world you see.

Katney said...

Here is the response that I got on the Blogger Help Group. It's more than I need to do for mine,--just finding out you didn't have to have all of them showing took care of my own blogs. But it looks like something that could do what you want to do (if you can make your way through it.)

The Blog Doctor's post about profiles</a

Becky said...

I have the same problem, but don't know what to do about it either. I also can't get my name seperated from Gary's. It always comes up with both our names together. Some times I just sign my comments with a B.