Watery Wednesday, hosted by 2sweetnsaxy gives us a chance to show our favorite water shots!
That means I can finally get the last of my geese photos posted from last week :-)
I believe that the ones standing tall are the "guards" while the others eat, but I'm just guessing by their behavior. Click on the Watery Wednesday icon on my sidebar for more water posts!
Geese, geese, and more geese. They have become a problem up here just north of you though they do make great photo subjects. I especially like your top photo, and of course the one with the dinner hanging from its mouth (bill, beak?). And also the one where they are palling around with some mallards. Nifty.
Fishing Guy: They are such lovely birds that even though they are "ordinary" I love taking photos of them, too. They strike some of the most beautiful poses and always look so clean and nice.
Michael Bird: I know what you mean and am glad that they don't try to live on our pond...they can be so messy. If people don't feed them, they usually come and go. These are all at the local wetlands and aren't a problem there except the mess they make on the boardwalks at times :-) I imagine that we see a lot of the same birds living so close together in the state. Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks, Darla and Judy! He was a bit funny for sure. Glad he wasn't too close.
Ann: I was on a boardwalk bridge with railings taking the photos, so he just stared hard at me but didn't feel too threatened. I've been chased at our zoo by ones that had young!
Even: I made sure I put the water shot first :-)....although it was the geese that interested me on this day.
Mary, You have such a fascinating blog! I love all the birds, but my favorite is the one you are using for your header! I need tips on how to get shots of birds that close up! Great job!
Mary, great photos! The Canada Goose is a favorite of mine. That third photo of the one staring right at you made me laugh, the first with its back to you was a lovely one too, all of them were very, very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing and also for stopping by. I don't always stay up that late to see those late night shows, but if I am lucky enough to see that there are animals on any of them in the advertisements prior to airing, then I will do my best to stay up.
Dorothy: Thank you! I really don't do anything except zoom as close as possible. A camera with as much zoom as possible is my dream :-) "Santa" is shopping!
I enjoy the Canadas. I got to know a couple of individuals by their unique white patch and then they were shot on the pond and we had to take them out of the pond...sometimes I prefer animals to people...
Great shots Mary. But each time I come here since you have changed your top photograph, I wonder what is going through that Mallards head as he looks at his reflection? Maybe he is thinking what a handsom fellow he is? :)
Joan:Apparently you missed my poem in the November 15 post with the full photo: "Mirror, mirror in the lake, who do you think is the handsomest drake?" I know you were gone at that time. I like the full shot better than the banner crop anyway.
Becky: I thought the tail feathers were really pretty, too and they do look like velvet. It's amazing that these birds always look so clean and well groomed.
I missed these! You sure have some great captures here. I never consider geese ordinary...when I was a kid in Tennessee I only seen them way, way up in the air, and that very seldom so to me they are will always be fascinating.
I've been lifted up on Your wings of love, Raised from the grave of sin and despair, I can soar to the top of Your holy mountain Your wings of grace will carry me there. I will humble myself in Your sight, And bow low to the King of Kings! And wait in joy and hope and peace..... As I'm lifted on grace filled wings. (by Mary Freeman)
Christian, wife, mother, quilter, reader, writer, photographer. My blog title originated when all my blogs were one. Faith, Fabric and Photos is my main blog.
26 comments:
Mary: That first shot is outstanding. I really enjoy Canadian Geese.
Geese, geese, and more geese. They have become a problem up here just north of you though they do make great photo subjects. I especially like your top photo, and of course the one with the dinner hanging from its mouth (bill, beak?). And also the one where they are palling around with some mallards. Nifty.
Fishing Guy: They are such lovely birds that even though they are "ordinary" I love taking photos of them, too. They strike some of the most beautiful poses and always look so clean and nice.
Michael Bird: I know what you mean and am glad that they don't try to live on our pond...they can be so messy. If people don't feed them, they usually come and go. These are all at the local wetlands and aren't a problem there except the mess they make on the boardwalks at times :-) I imagine that we see a lot of the same birds living so close together in the state. Thanks for stopping by!
My favorite is the 3rd one. Like that look you are getting. Didn't try to take the camera away from you, did it?
These are really great. I especially like the feathers on the back end of the goose in the first shot.
Leedra: He looked like he might be agressive if I'd been closer :-) I think he was one of the "guards" watching the others eat.
2sweetnsaxy: that was my favorite, too :-)
Great photos, love the first one and the third one, don't want to know what he's thinking!
I also like the third one, where he has just a little tilt to his head. Just made me laugh right out loud!
Great close ups , Mary. Did any of the guards chase you?
Great water shots and oh LOVE the Canada Geese mixed in there too!!!! Ha Ha!! I love the one of him looking right at the camera!!!
HA HA!!!
Thanks, Darla and Judy! He was a bit funny for sure. Glad he wasn't too close.
Ann: I was on a boardwalk bridge with railings taking the photos, so he just stared hard at me but didn't feel too threatened. I've been chased at our zoo by ones that had young!
Even: I made sure I put the water shot first :-)....although it was the geese that interested me on this day.
Mary,
You have such a fascinating blog! I love all the birds, but my favorite is the one you are using for your header! I need tips on how to get shots of birds that close up! Great job!
Mary, great photos! The Canada Goose is a favorite of mine. That third photo of the one staring right at you made me laugh, the first with its back to you was a lovely one too, all of them were very, very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing and also for stopping by.
I don't always stay up that late to see those late night shows, but if I am lucky enough to see that there are animals on any of them in the advertisements prior to airing, then I will do my best to stay up.
Dorothy: Thank you! I really don't do anything except zoom as close as possible. A camera with as much zoom as possible is my dream :-) "Santa" is shopping!
Lovely shots! Wow!I wish I had a camera that took pictures like that. The color is beautiful.
*smiles*
Kij
All of these are wonderful Mary!
I look the first one and the third one where he looks like he's posing for that photo!
Excellent.
What a great post! Those are some fantastic shots! The 1st and 3rd ones are definitely my favorite, though.
Fabulous shots - particularly the very top one.
A x
Denise: I so seldom watch TV, that I never know what is on. I do love Jack Hanna, though and his animals.
Thanks you Kim,Carletta, Portland, Strawberry Jam Anne! I hope to get to everyone's watery Wednesday before the night is out!
You lookin' at ME??? (Third shot!) Excellent!
I enjoy the Canadas. I got to know a couple of individuals by their unique white patch and then they were shot on the pond and we had to take them out of the pond...sometimes I prefer animals to people...
New Rambling Woods Site
Great shots Mary. But each time I come here since you have changed your top photograph, I wonder what is going through that Mallards head as he looks at his reflection? Maybe he is thinking what a handsom fellow he is? :)
I like the texture of the feathers on the first image. They look like velvet.
Annie: Everyone seems to like that photo best :-)
Rambling Woods: Animals are more civilized.
Joan:Apparently you missed my poem in the November 15 post with the full photo: "Mirror, mirror in the lake, who do you think is the handsomest drake?" I know you were gone at that time. I like the full shot better than the banner crop anyway.
Becky: I thought the tail feathers were really pretty, too and they do look like velvet. It's amazing that these birds always look so clean and well groomed.
I missed these! You sure have some great captures here. I never consider geese ordinary...when I was a kid in Tennessee I only seen them way, way up in the air, and that very seldom so to me they are will always be fascinating.
Rose: I like them, too and would love to see some other types.
Post a Comment