For some reason all the birds wanted to come right up on the front stoop and pose for me yesterday! Sort of the "in your face" approach.
Mr. Cardinal
Carolina Wren
Junco
The Titmouse gave me a little more space and was busy picking out bits of suet.
I didn't take a lot of photos yesterday, after going to a quilting bee in the morning and doing my computer work in the afternoon. The daylight hours for photography are getting shorter!
I didn't take a lot of photos yesterday, after going to a quilting bee in the morning and doing my computer work in the afternoon. The daylight hours for photography are getting shorter!
At the quilting bee, a lady showed up with 3 gorgeous old crazy quilts that she wants to sell! This one was absolutely perfect....one of the best I have ever seen without any worn out fabrics in it and lovely stitching and motifs. I REALLY want to buy this one! She doesn't know how much to sell them for and will probably decide on a price that I can't afford.....especially if I want a new camera, too. (sigh)
22 comments:
You can get in our face with your birds anytime Mary. The quilt is a true beauty!
Nice quilts, a lot of hours must have been spent putting those together.
If I were that beautiful, I'd be posing too! The quilt is gorgeous too.
Love seeing your birds.
Those quilts are just beautiful. Think of the time that went into them. I have a small one my mother pieced when she was a young bride.
Marnie
Eve:Maybe they heard about your guineas knocking on the door and wanted to try that? One of the other quilts was dated 1890,but it had some fabric that had deteriorated.
John: They really are a lot of work and whoever made this was talented. It's unusual to see an old one this nice. It really should be in a museum.
Helen: I wonder if the birds know how beautiful they are? Certainly gets them fed!
Those are great shots! Love the Wrens!
Cheers, Klaus
There is so much work goes into one of these--wouldn't you like to know the hours that went into just one block even? They are sort of a thing apart for me.
Love the birds!
You have a well laid out blog. The narration of the experience followed by the pictures is very nice.
I particularly like the images of the Wrens, the red-bellied woodpecker, the brown thrasher and the Geese.
Thank you visiting and leaving a comment at my blog...Thomas
Marnie: I bet it's beautiful and so precious because she made it.
Klaus: Thanks! wrens are great when they hold still :-)
Rose: It would take me months to complete even one block! And where do they get the ideas? I have several books of stitches, but still struggle deciding what to add where.
Thomas:Thank you! You have a beautiful blog and outstanding photos!
Mary: Neat birds and great looking quilts.
That is a wonderful crazy quilt. So much work involved. My girlfriend made one years ago and it hangs on her dining room wall. I can see how you would want this one.
Another really good set of bird photos Mary again. Such lovely patterns in the quilts as well.
I always wanted a handmade quilt. I think they are so pretty. How do you go about finding one?
New Rambling Woods Site
I envy that you can get your birds so close. Mine are fairly near the computer window, but just don't want to stay still. Probably because they are watching for that wretched Cooper's Hawk.
That quilt is unbelievable! Gorgeous doesn't even diecribe the beauty. I can see why you want it. If I had one I would hang it on my living room wall OR display it on my dining room table..Go ahead, it's only money...
Wow Mary, what a great catch up I had here...let me think, to name a few I loved, the gorgeous titmouse photos, that beautiful leaf with sun behind it, M feeding the birds...and all those gorgeous beautiful bird photos and duck photos...of course the squirrel.
I'm still in a crazy time here plus computer problems still, but am trying to do some catch up.
bummer about you deleting your skywatch files...
I need to find time to delete some photos, I'm getting soooo many in my folders and I need to get rid of them.
I enjoyed all the up close and personal pictures of the birds.The quilt is amazing,a lot of work went into that.
Your bird photos are fabulous Mary, love the close ups of them. Your quilt photos, what clever ladies to put those together. I am amazed at the patience it takes to create something as exquisite.
Fishing Guy: Thanks!
Cicero:It really was a wonderful example of the best in crazy quilts.
Roy: Thanks!
Rambling Woods: Well, you can buy handmade quilts on many places on the internet, and on Ebay, and if you live anywhere where there are quilters you can probalby find something. If you have a local quilt shop try asking there. Antique stores will have old ones, but not always pretty or in good shape. Amish communities always have quilts for sale. If you like the art type, there are many sellers on the internet.
Becky: Even though I love my birds, I wouldn't mind having a chance to photograph your hawk :-)
Sandy: Wow...you really did catch up! I'm honored that you bothered. We have had some laptop computer problems...a nasty little program latched onto us and wouldn't let go, but someone has fixed it for us.
Ruth and Denise: thank you both! I'm in awe of these quilts every time I see one and love to study all the stitching.
The crazy quilts are so very beautiful!!
Absolutely beautiful quilts Mary. Well Christmas is coming soon so you should get your letter off to Santa and then see what gift he is going to bring you. :)
Those birds were MOST co-operative, I wonder why? Probably to get you to put more food out. LOL!!
How fun to see birds from another region. The carolina wren and the titmouse are both too cute. Maybe I will get to see them in person one of these days! Isnt it great having the feeders, and getting to watch all the different little faces that show up?
Ann: they were the best I've seen.
Joan:I don't think I will get both a camera and a quilt :-) My birds know that I'm a real soft touch when it comes to food!
dowhatyoulove: Thanks for stopping by! The wren and the Titmouse are two of my favorties and come regularly. I aim to keep them happy :-)
Post a Comment