Well, it was one of those "I don't have time to take photos" days and I realized last night that I had nothing to post today. So searched my most recent photo files and found a few that I don't think I have already posted.
Pincushion Plant.....isn't this cute?
Very strange looking.....I've never seen one before!
A friend gave this to me as a gift and I didn't have the heart to tell her that I'm "The Plant Killer". I can not keep houseplants alive! One by one they drop dead and there is nothing that I can do about it. I don't do it on purpose, but I never seem to get the light and the water right. It doesn't help when you don't have any good windows to put your plants in or around. Most people don't have to deal with windows (actually skylights) that are shaped like a triangle with the point at the bottom! I'm sorry to say that after a couple weeks, this is already looking very dead....or at least dying. Sigh.....it was cute while it lasted!
I thought this House Finch looked cute on the top of this feeder. He seems to be trying to make up his mind about something.....to eat or not to eat?


11 comments:
Nice Mary! That is a strange plant, but colorful for now...enjoy it while you can!
I like that plant. If we lived closer, I'd try to keep it alive for you, and you could come visit it. LOL. Seriously there are some greenhouses that will tend to your plants for you and when they are at their fullest bloom will then take them into the persons home so they can enjoy.
I love that little wren, and usually have just one in the winter, but haven't seen it yet.
A most unusual plant Mary. I have never seen something like that before. Poor you!! I on the otherhand have green thumbs and everything grows. As a child my mother used to tell me I would put a stick in the ground and it would start sprouting leaves. I am surprised to see such a young bird around at the end of summer like this. I would have thought that they had all been born at the begining of summer. Lovely pictures again.
Mary: What have a neat potpourri of shots. You have gotten some wonderful captures and I'm glad you have shared them.
Never heard of the pincushion plant. Like you, I am the executioner when it comes to house plants.
Wonder what the wren and goldfinch were talking about?
Intersting plant, I've never seen one like that before. Have you started your book at Blurb yet?
What a darling little plant. I've never seen one before.
Enjoyed your birds. I need to start taking more bird photos too.
Marnie
Love the Wren conversation! Not bad for not having any photos to show! ;)
Cheers, Klaus
Thank you everyone! I meant to look that plant up on the net and learn more about it, but forgot. I think I have already managed to kill it. I can grow outdoor plants, but when they are indoors....I'm terrible! If I get that new camera from Santa, I hope photos like the Wren conversation will be a lot clearer!
Joan: Outdoors, I'm like you. I have started a lot of plants by just sticking bits and pieces in the dirt and ignoring them and they flourish wonderfully!
John: Did you email me about Blurb? If you did, I didn't get it. Haven't checked out Blurb further yet on my own.
I really enjoyed these. :-) I should get up right now and go play in my yard and make room for some bird feeders. :-)
I got my pincushion plant at Trader Joe's. Always love your bird photos.
Post a Comment