Sunday, November 23, 2008

Squirrel Sunday....seeing Stars!

Wow....cold weather brings out ALL the stars!
Today Star had 2 friends with him!
Star #1......checking out the competition

Star #2.....cleaning up the leftovers


Star #3.....someone finally found the new feeder I put up for Star!
Seems to be comfortable....although if he eats too much, it might become a tight fit!

He gets 2 photos for finding the new feeder :-)
Well....Star?.....what do you think of your new friends????
"I'm still the cutest! Can they do this?????"
Hmmmm....we'll see how all this sibling rivalry plays out over the winter.

Anne over in Norway has a couple of videos in her Squirrel post today! They are in Swedish but they show a man looking at a nest high in the tree and the squirrel collecting fluff for the nest and then the second one shows a mother squirrel moving her babies. Cute! http://moseplassen.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

Eve said...

Very funny and cute Mary!

Naturegirl said...

I love how you name and care for your squirrel ~STAR~ I do that too.Nice meeting like minded people!

Mary said...

Eve: At least I will have lots of squirrels to provide photos for Squirrel Sunday!

Naturegirl: I like the squirrels and enjoy watching their silly ways :-)

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Now that Star has competition, I hope he doesn't start sulking and misbehaving. :) Maybe one of them is in line to be the future Mrs Star!! We are going to have to wait and see. LOL!!

Mary said...

Joan: I always have more squirrels in the cold weather. I hope they are mates and there are lots of new squirrels next spring!

me ann my camera said...

Star continues to reign! I like the wooden sort of seat-like looking place for Star to sit and eat at his leisure. Happy Squirrel Sunday!

2sweetnsaxy said...

Cute post and pics. I'm going to check out that link for the video.
:-)

abb said...

Ahhh....my squirrel fix!

My day is complete....thank you, Mary.

Becky said...

Your squirrels are always so enertaining. I look forward to Sundays post.

Mary said...

Ann: I think I might try some more squirrel seats and boxes. They would rather have the suet and seeds than the corn!

2sweetnsaxy:the first video is a bit slow to begin since you don't now what he is saying, but it does have some cute footage of a little squirrel gathering up fluff for its nest, and the second one shows a mom moving her babies out of a box to another one.

Annie: Star aims to please :-)

Becky:Hopefully he will get a bit more active and come up on the deck more this winter.

DeniseinVA said...

Absolutely adorable Mary, just love your photos and I am checking out Anne's link right after this. And thank you for dropping by and leaving me that funny story about your painting. Not only did it make me feel better it also made me laugh. Something about misery loves company :)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Squirrels put on the neatest shows. You captured them so well.

Mary said...

Denise: Thanks...we're all in the same boat when it comes to getting "old".

Fishing Guy:Thanks, but your black squirrels are more interesting :-)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.