S is for Squirrel
and
S is for the "Star"!
"The Star" has reminded me that since I exploit him every Sunday, that I had better not leave him off the list of Thanks!
Thank you, Star....you are cute as ever.
Even when you come begging at the door.
Even when you eat all the seeds I put out for the birds.
This is the actual "Star" of the moment.....his suet cake ran out, so he came around back to the deck for a change.
He has given me permission to thank some of the other squirrel visitors from the past year.
This is an Angel Mounds squirrel that I haven't posted yet from last week.
This is a Zoo squirrel living with the Ostriches.
A Seattle squirrel.....
.....that lovely white squirrel from Olney, Illinois....
A Seattle squirrel.....
11 comments:
Super Squirrels!
More sweet squirrel photos. These guys are all cute where ever they are. Now for the black ones. The town of Westfield, NY which is about 45 minutes from us, and not far from Lake Erie has lots of big black squirels. The next time we get over that way, I'll try to ask someone where is the best place is to get pictures. They do have a small park in the center of town. Driving through the town they seem to be in peoples yards. I'm wondering where all the cats are...
Eve: Thanks!
Becky: Apparently all the black squirrels live further east. The Fishing Guy posts them all the time from Kent, Ohio. Some of the Canadian visitors have shown them and now you say they are in New York. I'll have to head east on vaction :-) I hope they are spreading this way.
I especially like the 'basket chair' knothole in your second to last picture. Starr seems to like it too!
Ann: That does look like a basket chair, doesn't it! He looked very comfy watching me from up there. That isn't "Star" however...it's a grey squirrel at my in-laws house. I don't get any of the grey ones at my house....just the Fox Squirrels.
Mary: Quite the collection of squirrels and that albino is really neat.
Fishing Guy: Now if I could just import a pair of your black squirrels :-)
My Sunday is now complete...thank you!
Annie: You're welcome :-)
I see Star is still the "star" of my Sundays!! I tried to get some shots of our squirrel but he did not have such nice manners and co-operate!! LOL!!
Joan: Star only cooperates because I keep his food dish full :-)
Post a Comment