The day we visited the University of Evansville to take photos, I met a college educated squirrel.
He's busy looking for the nuts he hid around campus.
Looks like he found one!
Hey, Star....what do you think about higher education for squirrels??
ummm....Star? Are you under there??
"I heard you!....Higher education? You call finding an acorn you buried "higher education"??
Ha!.....I, on the other hand have my very own college graduate who comes out and hangs my food right on this tree and I don't even have to go look for it!
Check out Moseplassen 's little red squirrel today, too. I'm enjoying her Squirrel Sunday posts each week! http://moseplassen.blogspot.com/
Looks like he found one!Hey, Star....what do you think about higher education for squirrels??
Ha!.....I, on the other hand have my very own college graduate who comes out and hangs my food right on this tree and I don't even have to go look for it!
So who's the smartest squirrel here????
Check out Moseplassen 's little red squirrel today, too. I'm enjoying her Squirrel Sunday posts each week! http://moseplassen.blogspot.com/
Northwest Nature Nut joined in the fun today with her crafty squirrels!
14 comments:
Funny!! I guess Star is the smart one! He even gets his on Sunday blog post :)
Really cute post! I love the commentary!
Come by my blog and get an award! You have a great blog and I want people to know!
Marie
hihi :D
Your commentary is as usuall really funny!
You have been posting such an amount of really great birds latley too, I loove birdingseason :D
Smart feller! I like your ABC's too. That will be a lot of fun to keep up with!
How cute!! Both the photos and the story. :-)
Sweet! Educated squirrels!
Cheers, Klaus
In my long experience, I've never had trouble finding nuts on college campuses :)
LOL!! LOL!! Star is definitely the cleverer of the two to have his own trained graduate to feed him. He has got it made and he did not even need a piece of paper to come up with that plan!! What a wonderful blog again Mary. My Sundays will never be the same without Star!! Well okay, I will give you a point or two for taking the pictures. LOL!!
My vacation has been moved on another week so I will only be leaving next Saturday!! :(
Kerri: Yep....although maybe smart aleck is more appropriate at times.
Marie: Thank you for the award and I'll get it later! I'm not good at passing them on....I consider every blog I read worth any award out there!
Anne:Thank you and I've really enjoyed your "bouncy squirels", too.
Eve: Thanks...the ABC's are getting challenging!
2 sweetnsaxy: Thanks!
Klaus: Maybe he's an undergrad and mine is "street smart".
Wren: LOL! Wish I had thought of that....how true, how true!
Joan: Hope you enjoy your vacation and take lots of photos for us! We put up one of those little "seat feeders" on a different tree for Star yesterday. I'll see how long it takes him to find it.
Oh Mary, I laughed out loud at the college graduate comment. They do have us trained, don't they?
Rose: Yep! He knows who provides the goodies for him and takes full advantage!
You know what- I like your Star the best. He really is the smartest for hanging around where he gets a free lunch. Did you ever find his/ her nest yet?
B
Becky: I showed a next up in a tree a few days ago that I think might be it, but I'm not sure. It was the post with the harvester in it. He takes a route that I've followed jumping from one tree to another for at least 4 trees! It's over along the creek on the other side of the road near the bean field. We have 4 large trees in a cluster in our back yard...2 oak, 2 ash and we often have squirrel nests there in the winter, also.
Mary: What a fun squirrel post.
Post a Comment