Thursday, November 13, 2008

SkyWatch Friday....

Last Saturday at Angel Mounds was a wonderful sky day!
Beautiful clouds everywhere I looked....
.....even through the wall windows!



The Legend of Sky Woman


While staring up into the tree a bird landed almost directly over me!

Such an odd angle, but my best guess is a Flicker going by the long bill and spotted feathers on the breast.

I love this shot even if it is a hard way to identify a bird :-)

For more SkyWatch click on the icon in my sidebar.
Thanks to all who host this terrific site each week!
Look up! You never know what might be over your head!

15 comments:

Kim said...

Simply lovely shade of blue! I really like the ones where you are looking up through the brances of the tree.
*smiles*
Kim
http://mom-musings.blogspot.com/2008/11/watching-sky.html

abb said...

Love them all, but the second and last photos are over the top! This is a place I'd really like to see.

Grammy said...

I love your photos they are amazing. Birds and trees are my favorite thing to photograph. My cat too. lol
Happy SWF!

Mary said...

Kim: It was an interesting angle but made me very dizzy!

Annie: It is interesting for the history, but there isn't a lot to see of the mounds themselves.

Grammy: Thank you. Birds are my favorites, too. And cats :-)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Very creative.Love those almost straight up shots.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Wow!! Terrific shots Mary. I is still storming here!!

Mary said...

Ruth: Thanks! It was fun.

Joan: Thanks! We have a fairly nice day today.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Beautiful, beautiful shots. Everything sets such great framework for that beautiful sky.
:-)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Looking to the sky you have shown us a wonderful show, thanks ever so much.

Mary said...

2sweetnsaxy: Thanks..it was a great day.

Fishing Guy: Thanks!

Susie of Arabia said...

Your Skywatch photos are great! I really love the ones with the bird. Thanks for stopping by my blog too...
http://susieofarabia.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

LOL - love the flicker photo, even if it sort of makes me dizzy. great skywatch, I love photos of the sky seen through rocks or crevices.

Becky said...

Wow Mary. I love these pictures. Really unique. The story of Sky Woman is very interesting. I enjoy Indian legends. My grandparents lived on the Senaca Indian Reservation for a while when they were first married. My grandfather worked in the oil fields and they were right next to the reservation.

Vic said...

wow! nice view from different perspectives! :)

Mary said...

Susie:Thanks, I enjoyed your blog, too. My sister lived in Arabia for over 20 years.

Wren: It was a dizzying sort of shot :-) I was never sure what bird it was, but those polka dots on the feathers seemed like they had to be flicker.

Becky: I thouht the legend interesting, although part of it didn't really make sense to me :-) If they were bringing up mud and dirt and stacking it to make land, where were they stacking it??

Vic: Thanks and thanks for stopping by!