Thursday, November 6, 2008

SkyWatch Friday.....

I always hate posting early, but I guess it gives more people time to see the posts.
We've had a lot of dramatic and different skies recently. I had Mike pull the car over so I could take a sky photo one evening and by chance he chose a spot where I got this nice barn roof in the shot.
Light bursting out of the clouds over the dome.

One morning over the pond


"Cotton ball" sky

Cotton balls with the sun breaking through. These were early one morning from our deck.
For more SkyWatch from all over the world, click on the icon on my sidebar.
Thanks team, for hosting this site!

26 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful photos, all great cloud formations and all so different.

bcmomtoo said...

You had some really interesting clouds. I love the barn roof in the first one.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

wonderful series of photos... I have the same delima with posting early I waited today... Happy SWF!

BNS said...

That's quite an impressive collection of sky photos. I just love the cottonball ones.

Thanks for your visit.

Guy D said...

Great pics. the last 2 are unreal. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

2sweetnsaxy said...

Oooh, these are wonderful! I really like the last couple of shots. Those clouds look like a field of cotton balls.

Eve said...

Beee-u-t-ful Mary!

The Birdlady said...

Love the cotton ball sky!

Naturegirl said...

Mary such a variety of sky watches and the first is my fav..the blue cast on the rooftop!
I see that you are a birder..I am a nature lover so it is a pleasure to meet you..I have posted a few different birds too! A SWF gal

Mary said...

Thsnks everyone. I always think it looks like someone grabbed both sides of a cotton ball bag and yanked it open spilling them everywhere.....either that or it looks like nice thick batting, but only the quilters will see that :-)

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Pretty skies - particularly the cotton ball ones. A

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I especially like the first on Mary but it does look as if a storm was on the way.

Cathy said...

Beautiful pictures. I especially like the last one.

Cicero Sings said...

Lovely sky pictures Mary. One never tires of sky views!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Awesome photos.I love all the sky pictures.

Louise said...

These are all wonderful photos, but the first one is breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic sky Mary. Always worth a look at the sky because you get some really good patterns sometimes.

abb said...

Wonderful! I especially love the cotton ball skies.

A Colorful World said...

The first and last photos are my favorites! Wonderful Skywatch post! Sorry I've been "out of things" lately--am trying to get caught up!
Marie

RamblingWoods2.com said...

I love the popcorn looking sky...

Rose said...

Mary, I don't know how I missed this this morn...I love these shots. That last one is really something. Also love the first one a lot!

Anonymous said...

They're all great, but the first one is my favorite.

Mary said...

I do thank you all for your comments and I hate when I have so many that I can't take the time to answer them each...but your thoughts are appreciated always!

Tootie said...

I like them all, but if I had to choose, I would be torn between the first and last one. Really beautiful skies.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Sorry for missing this neat SWF post. Visiting all the different assigned sites sometimes causes you to miss friends.

Kathie Brown said...

That top photo with the barn roof is fantastic! Well done, and thank you for your recent comments on my blog.