Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ducks at the Wetlands.....

It was another beautiful duck and goose day at the wetlands last Thursday. This was one of my 2 favorite shots.....it is better if you click on it to see it full screen.
This was my other favorite........"Mirror, mirror in the lake, who do you think is the handsomest drake?"

There were a large number of ducks on the creek and they didn't seem to mind my presence too much.

Husband and wife a long time.....they have the same expression :-)

A very pretty female catching the sun.

I loved the color in the water with this one.

Lots of nice reflections to capture!

Moses parting the orange ripples :-)

All alone, but I liked the water patterns.

7 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Such pretty pictures.THe Drake with the water droplets on him is particularily lovely.The colors in the water look almost unreal.

Mary said...

Ruth: Thank you! I love taking photos of the ducks and geese. They always pose so nicely.

2sweetnsaxy said...

I really like that each shot has something neat going on with the water either in the reflections or ripples or both. Very nice!
:-)

Carletta said...

How wonderful Mary - all of them!
But, I LOVE the one of the drake looking at his reflection!

Eve said...

These are all wonderful captures Mary! I love the mirror mirror...very witty...and the duck and drake pose! Perfect! Thanks Mary!

Becky said...

These are just amazing Mary. Every one better than the previous. The water colors are so spectacular too. I think they all would make great paintings!

Mary said...

2sweetnsaxy:I've really been attracted to the ripples and colors in the water recently. Guess I should have saved a couple for Watery Wednesday :-)

Carlette: Thanks! I love that one, too. Maybe have to try to make a header out of it, but its so tall.

Eve: Thanks...he certainly was preening. They all looked so beautiful.

Becky: Good thing they do the painting for me :-)