Tuesday, November 25, 2008

ABC's of Thanksgiving.....Y

Y is for Yellow Grosbeak! Bet you didn't think I had a Y! This lovely Grosbeak was in an aviary at The Desert Museum in Tucson.
It was a very striking bird, but stayed hidden up in the tree.

Y is also for all the Yellow colored Warblers that I can't usually identify and that I didn't have room for under W! This is cheating with a purpose!
This one is the very yellow Prothonotary Warbler and I saw it on my first visit to the wetlands and never saw it again in all my trips there!

I never identified this one, but it is definitely yellow :-)

I think we decided this was a yellow Magnolia Warbler.

Yellow-Throated Warbler! I just realize that it actually has yellow in the name! Yeah!

I would really love to see more Warblers and learn their names!

6 comments:

Eve said...

Yipee! Nice Y post Mary!

Mary said...

Eve: I bet you've been preparing your responses as long as I've been preparing the posts :-)

Rose said...

These are wonderful...when I was a kid we fed the birds a lot during the winter and I loved watching them from the time I was a kid on. I guess it is fitting that I found your wonderful blog.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: What a neat group of yellow birds you have.

Mary said...

Rose: well, the certainly brighten up the winter and I get a tremendous amount of joy from photographing them!

Fishing Guy: Yellow birds were hard....except the Goldfinch which I didn't even include here. One letter to go!

Anonymous said...

You have quite the assortment of birds at your feeder. Thanks for showing us what kind of birds frequent your area. Enjoy every Moment.