W is for Wren and what a blessing these cute little birds are :-)
What is better than one cute Carolina Wren?......
......2 cute wrens!
I always liked this shot! It was very difficult to narrow down to a few the ones that I would use today!
The cutest, fattest, fluffed up wren ever!
I think this is a young one.....I had several last spring.
....another little one?
Always a "perky" attitude!
Such welcome visitors all through the boring winter!
I've seen 2 other wrens in Tucson......
I believe this is a Canyon Wren.....I saw it at Sabino Canyon if that counts :-)
And the Cactus Wren in its nest. This wren is much larger than any other I've ever seen. Not quite so "cute" but very fascinating to watch.
W is also for Woodpecker and I would hate to miss these two!
I've seen 2 other wrens in Tucson......
And the Cactus Wren in its nest. This wren is much larger than any other I've ever seen. Not quite so "cute" but very fascinating to watch.W is also for Woodpecker and I would hate to miss these two!
12 comments:
Wonderful Woodpeckers Mary!!
Woops....Witty Wrens too!!
Eve: Your alliterations are an alphabet of their own! Thanks.
Mary, this may be my favorite post of yours, ever. :)
I'm still waiting for the Carolina Wren that visits us. Also I haven't seen the Red Bellied pair yet either. Maybe I'll just visit you and watch your birds. Have a good day.
Lovely images Mary. You are fortunate to have so many species of Wren. We only have one. They are sweet little birds.
Wren: I knew that both you and Jenny "Wren" would like this post :-)
Becky: Come visit in person when you want to escape your snow! We'll watch birds and trains :-) Mike thinks you guys need to head this way and we'll all drive to St. Louis and go to the train museum there again. You could visit the trains in Cincinatti and the great old depot/musem they have there on the way.
Roy: There are more wrens that I never see. The last 2 I showed are only out west. I'm happy with just the little Carolina Wren...it's one of the cutest!
Excellent set of pictures.You certainly have covered W well.I'm waiting for tommorrow.
Hi Mary, Jenny Wren definitely did like this lovely post. (-: Such fantastic photos of that Carolina Wren in lovely poses. Thank you so much for this wonderful Alphabet sequence. Have loved it and it's not over yet!!! (-:
I seriously doubt if anyone can understand how much I love wrens...they have such a personality. I love the images you have of them.
Mary: Beautiful W birds, Woodpeckers are so neat.
Ruth: thanks...you do realize I will have to find some way to cheat?
Jenny: Always happy to share wrens with other wren fans :-)
Rose: I love their little perky antics, too :-) Once in awhile they hold still long enough to get some decent photos. Feel free to "borrow" a photo if you wish for your own enjoyment.
Fishing Guy: I never get tired of the Red-Bellied....such a beauty.
Post a Comment