This letter will be fast and easy. I never see any cute little Vireos, or at least have no photos.
So my only V is: V is for Vulture
This one was gliding in for a landing....
....touchdown! Right in the middle of the road out in the country.
No traffic, so we stopped and took photos :-) I have no idea why it has a grey face rather than red. Is it a Black Vulture, rather than a Turkey Vulture??? This was in Kentucky and Black Vultures do live there.
I've seen a very cute little bird in Tucson called a Verdun, but apparently have never gotten a photo of it....will try harder this next year when we go.
I guess I'm thankful for Vultures for cleaning up the "roadkill".
I guess I'm thankful for Vultures for cleaning up the "roadkill".
8 comments:
They are excellent garbage men....but boy, are they ugly! Look really beautiful in flight though.
Hi Mary,
From what I can find immature turkey vultures have gray heads and gray legs. This would be the time of year I think for that. It's hard to tell but I don't see any white on the wings of his buddies. I think I'm going to vote for an immature turkey vulture. Great V! What would we do without these awesome birds!
UGLY Birds! We have them all over here too. Nice photos though.
I clean forgot about Vultures Mary!! LOL!! Good shots!! And to land in the road too!! What a great photographic opportunity.
Great shots. Yes, I think it is probably an immature bird.Looks just like one we saw earlier this fall.
Thank you all! I figured they were Turkey Vultures, but never know for sure when a bird is a bit off from the norm :-) Wish I had something more exciting for V! I want nice little Vireos or that Verdun from out west!
Mary: Neat shots and you captured them quite well. V turned out easy but W,X,Y & Z. I'm waiting.
Fishing Guy:W is easy. X,Y,Z...not so easy, but I've got something ready for eaach.
Post a Comment