Friday, November 21, 2008

ABC's of Thanksgiving.....U

U is for Upside down birds!
What were you expecting??? I don't know any U birds! Pine Siskin
White-Breasted Nuthatch

Goldfinches

Red-Breasted Nuthatch

Carolina Wren

Well....now that U is over, it should be smooth sailing to finish the alphabet, right? Except for XYZ.........hmmmmmmm. Never fear....I've got a plan!

21 comments:

Eve said...

Very clever Mary! Great birds and wonderful photos!!

The Birdlady said...

Great! Love that white-breated nuthatch shot! Can't wait to see the XYZ.

Mary said...

Eve: Thanks!

Helen: That is my favorite, too :-)

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

These are so cuteand adorable! Love the markings on these birds!

Becky said...

Great post for U. I love those little Red breasted Nuthatches, but we don't get many here.

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

I'm loving your bird shots! Just beautiful.

Mary said...

Greyscale: Thanks! They are all a bunch of great birds and I love their antics.

Becky:He's one of my favorites to watch, but I see him less than the others.

Rottlady: Thank you!

simply divina said...

The birds are so cute, how wonderful to see them..

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: You took some writers choices with these birds, very cute. I wonder how you will handle the remainder.

Jenny said...

Fabulous Mary and very clever. My fav is the Carolina Wren, is it unusual to see them on the feeders? Our Winter Wrens just scrabble in amongst crevices etc for insects.

Mary said...

Simply Divina:Thanks!

Fishing Guy:No sweat...have them all covered...sort of.

Jenny: There are lots more wrens coming on Sunday :-) I have so many great wren shots, it was hard to choose. My wrens come very regularly in the winter and spring to the feeder. They like the sunflower seeds and the suet both. I guess when food is scarce you go where its at! They always seem fairly "tame" compared to some of the others. They've tried to nest in my garage a time or two.

Cicero Sings said...

You've done amazingly well getting through the alphabet! What's a slight, oh so slight deviation?

me ann my camera said...

This is a great take on 'U', it works totally!

Anonymous said...

Another great set of images Mary, I particularly like the Nuthatch.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

You handled that letter very well,I was wondering about some of the letters.The pictures as usual are great.I too am looking forward to XYZ.Good Luck.
Blessings,Ruth

Jenny said...

Hi Mary
Can't wait for Sunday! (-:

Anonymous said...

LOL, too funny, Mary.

Love the header photo, too - that mallard looks like a stand in for Narcissus, and the expression on his bill is priceless.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

U for upside down? I think you are cheating. LOL!! Can't wait to see what plan you have for XYZ!! :) Lovely post Mary.

Mary said...

Cicero: I thought is was better than the "ugly birds" that my husband suggested.

Ann, Roy, Ruth, Jenny, Wren, Joan: Well....it's all I could think of. If there is a "U" bird out there they don't come to my house or anywhere I've been. Don't even try to guess my "X"!

Wren: I thought the duck shot looked Narcisstic, too :-) I had a poem with the original post that I guess I should have somehow added to the header: "Mirror, mirror in the lake, who do you think is the handsomest drake?"

Mike said...

Great collection of upsidedown shots.

Mary said...

Mike: Thanks! Good thing I had some or I don't know what I would have done for "U"!