Sunday, November 9, 2008

ABC's of Thanksgiving.....I

Today's post is very colorful! I is for Indigo Bunting2 Blue
When you look out the window and see one of these you know immediately what it is!
I get to see these for a couple months in the spring and then they move on.

3 Ibis.....another very colorful bird!
I for for Ibis (Scarlet Ibis)......I have to go to the zoo for these unfortunately :-)
This photo was taken this year at the new Amazonia exhibit at Mesker Park Zoo.

This is one of the same Ibis in the old exhibit, which was not as beautiful or nice!
I'm extrememly thankful for such colorful birds and for good zoos who allow me to see them.

12 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Mary, such colourful I birds! I wish we had one like that Indigo Bunting over here! Am really enjoying your ABC of birds! It's not too late to put that Kestel in is it???

Mary said...

Jenny: Thanks for the help IDing the Kestrel. It isn't too late, but it would seem odd to post it again 2 days from now. I don't have any different photos.

Eve said...

Good job Mary! I love your Indigo Buntings...I had one, once in my yard! They are stunning!

Jenny said...

I guess you must have another K bird up your sleeve! (-:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Great pictres.The Indigo Bunting is always special.We have them around in spring and summer ,but only see them occaisionally.

Becky said...

Don't you just love those Indigo Buntings? That color is so electric.
Also that Ibis' color is gorgeous.
B

kjpweb said...

Great images! These Ibis' are so hard to photograph (keeping the vibrance of their color alive).
You did well!
Cheers, Klaus

Mary said...

Eve: I was amazed the first time one came and so glad that it came back!

Jenny: I have two other K's!

Ruth: I wish they were around more often, but I guess their short visit makes them more special!

Becky: Both birds have so much color!

Klaus:Thanks! You are fortunate to see them more often and you have had some lovely shots of them! Now that I know they are at Amazonia at the Zoo, I will have to go back.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Where was your White bird to finish your patriotic post? Very nice photos of the bunting.

Mary said...

Fishing Guy: I never thought of that, but what white bird begins with "I"??

2sweetnsaxy said...

What cute little blue birds. And those Ibises. Wow! They're so much darker than the ones at our zoo.

Mary said...

2sweetnsaxy: I remember your ibis photos and they were wonderful! I think the light makes their feathers look either dark or not.