Saturday, November 8, 2008

ABC's of Thanksgiving cont.......G and H

I thought I would add the Gila Woodpecker here since it isn't one of my local woodpeckers.G is for Gila Woodpecker (male)....taken in Tucson, AZ

Gila Woodpecker (female....no red on head)

They look more normal sitting on a saguaro cactus, but my shots of those are so distant you don't see much.
G is also for Goldfinch......male, summer


G is for Goldfinch feeding baby Goldfinch :-)

G is for Grackle.......not my favorite bird, but they have lovely iridescent feathers on their heads.

G is for Goose (Canada)......I've posted so many goose shots, I almost skipped over this bird, but I am thankful for them and think they are very pretty to watch.
The next two birds happen to work for both "G" and "H".

G and H are for Green Heron!

.....and G and H are for Great Blue Heron.

H is for Hummingbird..... I think this is a shot I haven't used before. I take so many hummingbird shots in the summer, that it is hard to remember!

Another Hummingbird being comical. The Ruby-Throated Hummingbird is the only one I see locally, but I seldom get a good shot of the male with the red throat.

Now that I am caught up, I can do one letter a day.....which will give me time to try to fill in a few more blanks on my list :-)

10 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: I must admit this tour of the birds made me a little jealous of all you have shown. Those are wonderful bird photos.

Mary said...

Fishing Guy: Thank you for the kind comment :-) I have become such a "bird nut" that I'm always looking for new birds and take 100's of photos when I see any....now if I could just get them organized so I can find them! I'm jealous of your black squirrel!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Lovely Mary. That one feeding its baby is so cute!!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

More great shots.The Grackles look lovely.

SaraG said...

Great photo's!!

Kathie Brown said...

That's quite a collection of birds and letters! I actually like your grackle shot. It shows the difference in the colors from the head to the back and the wings. I also like Canadian Geese. I know they often get a bad rap, but I think they are lovley and their haunting autumn calls always tug at my heart.

Rose said...

I really am enjoying your bird alphabet photos!

A Colorful World said...

Gorgeous G & H shots! Some wonderful bird photos here! And the last one of the hummingbird scratching himself is especially nice!
Marie

Anonymous said...

These are really good Mary, I particularly like the
Woodpecker images.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Such a nice variety of birds and you captured them so well! These are just great! :-) Can't believe so many of them fall under one letter.