Sunday, December 21, 2008

Squirrel Sunday.....New kids on the block

Hey, Star.....you didn't tell me you were inviting the relatives for Christmas!Star?????..........Oh, oh.....maybe he doesn't know what's happening out back on the deck.
2 squirrels......

....2 more squirrels!

Does anyone remember little "Stumpy" (Squirrel Sunday... ) with the short tail?? I think this might be him, come home for the winter. Just when you think you've kicked them out of the nest on their own, they come back again! Look at the length of this ones tail......

......and compare with this one, which is twice as long!

Two of these guys were pretty playful, chasing each other up and down the tree and the post and all over the deck.
"King of the post!"
"Hmmm....how do I get back down?"

Well.....while Star is busy eating out front, this nest has suddenly appeared in the big oak tree out back, so I'd say this group might be here to stay for the winter! Better protect your suet cake, Star! The "new kids on the block" are making themselves at home!

11 comments:

Anne på Moseplassen said...

jippi!
More squirrels in the garden :D
And fun to see the dray, that does give promise of a squrrely winter :)

Mary said...

Anne: Hello! I was happy to see them. I usually have more in the winter then summer.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, Looks like you have a Squirrel Feeder instead of a Bird Feeder.. Poor Birdies may not have a chance this winter!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Becky said...

Wow, you do have a yard full. They will no doubt give you many hours of happy enertaiment. Enjoy!
Did I mention I don't have any squirrels? Poor me!

Rose said...

Squirrels are just the greatest! I love little Stumpy....

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Maybe they can all share the suet cake(s)?
--JB

Eve said...

Those are some well cared for squirrleees Mary!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh oh!! There is going to be trouble!! Star is not going to like this invasion of his private domaine. LOL!! Well maybe it is a good thing and he will have some compay over Christmas!! :)

Mary said...

Didn't get on the computer much yesterday! Thank you all for commenting! It's going to be a squirrely winter around here, for sure :-)

Shelley said...

I love seeing the squirrels at play! Star will have to let them know who's in charge of the yard!

RamblingWoods2.com said...

Those are some lucky gray squirrels..