Friday, December 12, 2008

T.G.I.F.........Skywatch Friday time!

Even the birds know where to go on Fridays to watch the skies! Skywatching from the T.G.I. Friday's sign!
The skies last weekend for our trip home changed constantly....starting with heavy clouds.

Thinning out later

Shooting the clouds from the backseat on the way home helped with the boredom of the drive :-)

Ducks or geese in the distance

The sunset was pretty cool, but hard to shoot from a moving car.
That's my skies for last weekend!
What's in your sky?
Check out the Skywatch Friday site for more cool skies around the world!
Click the link on my sidebar to connect.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely sky shots Mary.

Jenny said...

What a great shot that TGIF one is! Made me smile. I love the cotton wool clouds too. Very pretty, glad they helped with the long drive home. Have a great weekend.

Mary said...

Roy: Thanks!

Jenny: I thought the TGIF was pretty funny when I saw them up there :-)

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

I'd say you did pretty good from the backseat! Great shots and I had to laugh about the first one.
Thanks

Shelley said...

How funny - the birds are also thinking TGIF! Loved your sunset!

me ann my camera said...

Great sign, beautiful skies, have a Hppy Friday!

Eve said...

Beautiful Mary. Love the TGIF sign too!

Indrani said...

Beautiful series of shots this time. Each shot has a story to tell.

Naturegirl said...

Yes those skies change rapidly when we are driving along. Last week I posted images of skies and landscape from a moving car..what a way to pass time as you stated, as a passenger.
Happy SWF!

Rose said...

I see you have been having some gorgeous skies! Not sure that I can pick a favorite...love the one with the line of geese in it. But I also love that last one!

Allison said...

Those are some beautiful skies! I think the second one is my favorite. Happy SWF!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Taken from a car or otherwise I like those pictures.Facsinating cloud scenes.
Blessings,Ruth

Becky said...

Super sky shots Mary. The one with TGI Friday's's sign is PERFECT !
Heavy snow falling AGAIN !

Cathy said...

Great pictures, especially the last one.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I especially like the last one in this series Mary.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Beautiful peppered skies with wonderful light.

Dorothy said...

Wonderful post for skywatch!! Love all of them.

Dorothy said...

I'm back again to tell you that I have a Award for you on my blog. Stop by and pick it up.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Lovely, lovely photos.

A x

Mary said...

Thank you everyone for the nice comments and thank you, Dorothy for the award!

Carletta said...

A wonderful series of sky images Mary; but I really like the bottom one. Love the colors and the tree silhouettes.
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

i love the sign - what a great sense of humor and skywatching.