It was a busy weekend and I had very little time to take photos.
The moon and clouds were really neat the other night, but I could not get the camera to really focus on the moon and finally resorted to shooting it through branches....which I sort of liked anyway.
Finally got the tree finished yesterday, so it feels like Christmas in the house now. I'm a very eclectic decorator.....I like a little of everything. It doesn't look like it in the photos, but I probably have more of the German glass ornaments than anything else. We also buy an ornament on every vacation, so we have a lot of those and a lot of Hallmark ornaments from when they did cute little animals instead of the TV and movie characters they do now.
I always hang my favorites where I can see them from my recliner :-) That little chipmunk on the cookie is one of my very favorites. I also love that flat "drippy" ornament. We have several of those flat ones that we bought at a Christmas store in Ohio we used to shop at every year.
I did take a couple bird photos.....almost literally just a couple!
The Titmouse on the peanuts.
The moon and clouds were really neat the other night, but I could not get the camera to really focus on the moon and finally resorted to shooting it through branches....which I sort of liked anyway.The Titmouse on the peanuts.
20 comments:
WOW! Mary, what a varied post! Love your tree! Looks like you have a nice collection of ornaments on it!
Your photos of the birds and squirrel are so good! I never can seem to get that close.
Christmas Blessings!
I love your "full" tree. The more ornaments the better. Gary used to make us wooden ones on his scroll saw every year for a long time, so I have lots of them, plus I have all my favorites right in front too.
Another dreary wet day here with high winds.
Have a fun Monday.
B.
Dorothy: Thanks! The squirrel is not real close, but I can zoom in on him.
Becky: We have some of your dreary weather right now...rain and going to freeze later..nasty. I have several other smaller trees in other rooms with the same sort of mix of ornaments.
The tree looks beautiful...a lot like mine Mary!
Mary: I do love your bird shote and your personal selfish squirrel. Does he say Bah Humbug when he chases the birds away.
I love your tree Mary!! It is so nice that you collected decorations from all over as they must bring back lots of lovely memories to you when you put them up each year.
Your tree looks like it is full of memories.The other pictures are lovely as usual.
Blessings, Ruth
Yesterday, a Red-Bellied Woodpecker decided that his goal in life was to destroy the wooden vent on the side of my house. He seems to be succeeding.
An Arkie's Musings
I love your tree - jam packed full of great ornaments! Had to laugh at Star not sharing the suet!
Great, great! I love them all - beautiful tree.
hihi, star and his bow ;)
But you find that you are late with your tree? I have seen chrismastrees in several american blogs now, and I very much would like to know when it is custom to decorate the tree, and when you take it down. (In norway most people decorate the tree on the (eavning of) 23. desember) Your tree is lovely by the way :D
That Woodpecker is beautiful, I have never seen anything like that before, we don't have that sort in the UK.
Eve: Thanks...I really love ornaments and keep track of all of mine :-)
Fishing Guy: I may have to change his name to Scrooge :-) He was very displeased to have the woodpecker or any of the other squirrels come to share.
Joan: the memories are the best part :-)
Ruth: I sometimes dread getting the tree up, but then once it is up, I don't like to take it down because the lights are so cheerful and so many memories of the past on it.
Richies: We have a cedar sided garage and I hear them pecking on the side sometimes.
Shellmo: Yes, Star is selfish...and hungry!
Helen: Thank you!
Anne: In the US customs vary a lot. The earliest I see trees usually would be Thanksgiving weekend. Some people are anxious to get them up and others wait until closer to Christmas. As far as taking it down, again it varies. Some take it down right after Christmas or New Years and others wait until January 6th (12 days) or later. It partly depends on whether you have a real tree or an artificial one. When we had a real tree we didn't leave it up as long. This one is artificial. Mine may still be up in February if I'm still enjoying it :-) Many take advantage of the still nice temperatures around Thanksgiving to get the outdoor lights up. The area where I live has a strong German heritage and some follow old customs, but I think over the generations the customs have changed and it's pretty much "whatever you want to do" now.
Goosey: it is one of the prettiest ones we have.
Mary, your tree reflects adventure and a love of collecting those special things to hold memories. It is lovely!
Your photos always make me smile. I love the first shot and I can't get over how bright and red the head is on that woodpecker.
:-)
I like your moon shot--I enjoy the view through the branches.
I went with shatterproof ornaments again this year, but I think I could have went with my regular ones. The cats have not been bad at all.
aha
thank you for your answer mary :)
Atificial trees are still quite unusuall here. Most people still use the type of spruce that grows here in norway nativly (norway spruce) and it will not keep nice for weeks and weeks. My parents keeps theirs up for about a month, but most people throw them out after two weeks I think.
Anne: I loved having a real tree and when the kids were young we would go to a tree farm and select one each year. Getting 10' tall real trees home and into the house is a challenge! When the kids grew up we decided the artificial tree was a little easier :-) We had a huge real tree fall over one year....landed on the sofa mostly and only broke 2 ornaments! Amazing! After that we tied it to the window each year!
Wonderful tree. Next to yours mine would look anorexic and neglected. I half heartedly through some ornaments up...
beautiful tree. I would feel in the spirit with that tree in my house.
Sandy: You can come look at mine if you want :-) I love ornaments, but the older I get the harder I find getting it all up....and I seem to care less now that the kids are grown up and there are no grandkids to enjoy it.
Post a Comment