I guess I'll remove my shots of this woodpecker. Yours are gorgeous! So clear! I can't seem to get mine to come close to the house though. She seems to like the farthest away feeder. Great catch ! !
Eve: Thanks! He was really looking all around, like he'd never been there before and expected something to happen. He did his total survey 3-4 times checking everywhere!
Shellmo: thanks! He at least gave me lots of opportunity for photos!
Rottlady: Thank you!
Portland Backyard: I love all the woodpeckers!
NW Nature Nut: Thanks!
Becky: They may get less cautious in time. I don't have a lot of far away feeders for them to choose :-) I figure if I'm paying for all this food they can come close enough to give me a photo in return!
What a very beautiful bird!! A few of this species have been reported in our province and each day I look just in case my own feathered visitor has arrived!
I've been lifted up on Your wings of love, Raised from the grave of sin and despair, I can soar to the top of Your holy mountain Your wings of grace will carry me there. I will humble myself in Your sight, And bow low to the King of Kings! And wait in joy and hope and peace..... As I'm lifted on grace filled wings. (by Mary Freeman)
Christian, wife, mother, quilter, reader, writer, photographer. My blog title originated when all my blogs were one. Faith, Fabric and Photos is my main blog.
16 comments:
A very beautiful bird and he really did stop look listen!! I wonder what that branch was saying???
I've meaning to tell you, your Christmas header is sweet!!
I love how you captured his alertness! Beautiful photo!
I do so love your bird pictures! These are just great. Thanks
Awesome photos! The Red-Bellied Woodpecker is such a fantastic looking bird. We don't get any of these guys in our backyard. Nice captures.
Wow, what a beauty! You got some great photos!
I guess I'll remove my shots of this woodpecker. Yours are gorgeous! So clear!
I can't seem to get mine to come close to the house though. She seems to like the farthest away feeder.
Great catch ! !
Eve: Thanks! He was really looking all around, like he'd never been there before and expected something to happen. He did his total survey 3-4 times checking everywhere!
Shellmo: thanks! He at least gave me lots of opportunity for photos!
Rottlady: Thank you!
Portland Backyard: I love all the woodpeckers!
NW Nature Nut: Thanks!
Becky: They may get less cautious in time. I don't have a lot of far away feeders for them to choose :-) I figure if I'm paying for all this food they can come close enough to give me a photo in return!
What a very beautiful bird!! A few of this species have been reported in our province and each day I look just in case my own feathered visitor has arrived!
Beautiful!The pictures really show the bird in the best possible way.
Blessings,Ruth
Ann: I hope they come! They are so beautiful. I see them less than the Downys but they come fairly regularly once winter arrives.
Ruth: He isn't usually so obliging to pose so long. Grabs a bite and takes off. He was so cautious, I started looking in the trees for a hawk.
Mary: Neat shots of your woodpecker giving you a show.
Beautiful!! I wish my bird photos came out this nice.
Beautiful series Mary...They are cautious aren't they. Not like the little downy woodpeckers...
New Rambling Woods Site
Such a beautiful bird. I could watch that bird a long time. Great pictures of it.
Mary I wish we had this Bird over here. I also like your new header.
Post a Comment