Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My World Tuesday.....Nightmare Before Christmas

For "My World Tuesday" I thought I'd show you one man's idea of how to decorate for Christmas! Please understand....THIS IS NOT MY HOUSE!People all over town flock to this house on Oregon Street each year to see the mass of lights and inflatables! This is one very small house and lot that is crammed with every light display that you could possibly buy. He used to have a lot across the street where he displayed even more, but I think he must have sold that one.
The drive-by traffic at night is constant. Can you imagine living next door??

Mangers and Santa's workshop....he has it all!

It is hard to get it all in one photo. The side yard has built up tiers that all of these inflatables and lights are on and it is packed solid. Think of the electric bill??

Children love it and lots of us adults make it a tradion to stop by, too :-)

There is always something new to see each year.

The snow family and Sponge Bob

One of several trains, Becky!

Santa trying to pop-up.....never quite makes it.

This little seal looks a bit overwhelmed.

And of course we have the "little penguin drummer boy"

A touch of the sacred for the real meaning of Christmas

Merry Christmas among the many fence lights!

I don't think he'll have any trouble finding the place!!

That's My World for the holidays :-)
Click on the icon on the sidebar for more "My World" posts.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to comment when words fail you. I'm glad it's not your house or your next-door neighbor's!

Mary said...

Wren: LOL! It does sort of boggle the mind....but it's very cheerful and colorful when you stand there looking at it. But you are right...glad it isn't mine or next door!

EG CameraGirl said...

Think of the electric bill!!

Indrani said...

That is very elaborate celebrations!

Becky said...

Oh my goodness. This is amazing,and I love seeing all the lights, BUT all I can think about is that next electric bill. How bad is that?
Anyway you and Mike are invited anytime to come sit by the fire. We use this parlor stove to touch up on evenings when we don't have to wood stove fired up.It's also a back-up if we lose our power out here and this can be often, because it uses no electricity.
You had asked about any Christmas on the train layout. Not really, Gary says there is too much technical on there, but he did have a gondola full of Christmas trees a while back. Maybe I can talk him into something Christmasy...

abb said...

Glad I'm not paying that electric bill! Isn't this the same house you photographed for Halloween?? Or was that someone else...I'll have to go back and see.
The work that guy does for this!

abb said...

It was your post! http://faithfabricandphotos.blogspot.com/2008/10/nightmare-on-oregon-street.html

I can't tell if it's the same house...is it?

Jeannelle said...

Wonderful, colorful photos! What alot of work it must be to set up all those displays.

Your bird photos on the side are just gorgeous!

Thanks for showing some of your world!

Louise said...

Terrific! I think every neighborhood has one of these. I even thought about posting about the one near us for My World, but you beat me, and I'm sure I would not have been as thorough! My favorite comment is "please understand this is not my house!"

me ann my camera said...

Now there's a fellow with a great giving Christmas spirit, think of the sharing and caring that goes into the planning and setting up of this extravaganza; WOW! How wonderful it must be for him to do this each year. Happy Holidays!!!

Mary said...

Thank you everyone...This man obviously enjoys doing this and it really does make a lot of people smile :-) We may think it a bit "over done", but it's so unique, you just stand there in wonder and kids love it!

Annie: Yes, it is the same guy that does Halloween! I'd like to meet him some time and ask "why?"

Shelley said...

Wow - more lights than Las Vegas!! how do they sleep at night?! lol!

Richard Lawry said...

WOW! Can you say decoration overkill. I guess that is nice, and I like to go looking at Christmas lights and decorations, but really. Is that what Christmas is about?

An Arkie's Musings

sandy said...

How cool is that. Great pics Mary.

We have a whole neighborhood who goes to this extent...I tried the other night to get pics but they came out blurry. I'll have to try again.

enjoyed this a lot.

chrome3d said...

Trains, seals...there is so much stuff that I didn´t even knew that it existed. They must have been saving for the elctric bill all year.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

WOW! Nice to look at for awhile,but I don't think I'd like to live across the street from him.Just a little overkill,perhaps.LOL
Blessings,Ruth

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Makes my string of lights look a bit pathetic!

A

Eve said...

I guess someone has to do it!!!

The Birdlady said...

Well the kids loveit....Joy to the World!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

In one way it is beautiful but I would hate to be the next door neighbor or get his electricity bill. LOL!! A beautiful post Mary.

Mary said...

Thank you all who stopped by! I'm really busy with some Christmas stuff right now and will not leave individual answers and I'm being slow to get around to other blogs right now. I will catch up eventually!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: I don't know how i missed this one. What an elaborate display. someone likes the fun side of Christmas.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That is crazy! Just think of the electric bill too!
--JB

2sweetnsaxy said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a house with so much stuff. Money, money, money! LOL! I wonder where they keep all that stuff during the year.

Great shots! :-)

Rose said...

I guess he likes to decorate--hehehe I bet kids do love it.

NW Nature Nut said...

I all have to say is "wow."

And imagine his electric bill!

RamblingWoods2.com said...

What a waste of electricity...