This is a typical view from the sidelight by the front door and what I might see first thing in the morning. The Cardinals like to come early and late in larger numbers.
Here 3 male Cardinals are mixing in with the sparrows......my typical ground feeder group.
The Cardinals are easy to spot among the large group out front.
3 males and 1 female.....I think she is surrounded!
I was trying this log to hold down the light weight feeder tray, but I don't think they find it easy to land on. The Bluejay likes this tray and the limb seemed to confuse him.
With colder weather coming, the squirrels are getting bolder. I thought you might like to see a couple of close ups of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Mary: What neat captures of the birds. I had a whole group of cardinals come through the other day. I got some neat shots but not from as close. The Geese are so bold in town.
Good close up of squirrel! The blue jay is looking very "blue".
We have had a LOT of cardinals at our feeder too and also blue jays. But no geese! How awesome to see all those geese so close to your home!
--JB
Amazing - from the number of cardinals gracing your yard to the close-ups of the cute little squirrel to the geese taking over the neighborhood. Loved it!
:-)
Great post Mary. It's lovely to see a broader view of your bird feeding areas. The squirrel close ups are just plain cute! (-:
Oh, those geese--they make me smile just to look at them. Wonderful captures of the squirrel and cardinals. And that Blue Jay sure is a handsome fellow.
I had mixed emotions as I looked at this post.The pictures are great,but,I am just a little jealous of all the Cardinals.Every year I hope that this will be the year that at least one Cardinal will visit us.Maybe some day,for now I will enjoy them in the form of pictures.Thanks.
Blessings,Ruth
You've got more Cardinals than I do. I love the squirrel pictures, and how nice he is to let you get so close.
Those geese look like cardboard cutouts at first. LOL. That dirveway is amazingly clean for all those birds.
Thanks everyone...I'm busy on a quilting project that needs to be finished and mailed, so I'm not commenting much or taking many photos! A few general remarks:
1. The Cardinal is the state bird for Indiana, so, yes, we have lots of them all the time!
2. That is not my road or drive with the geese, but at an apartment complex on the other side of town. I'm surprised it is clean, too!
3. The squirrels were on the deck which is closer then their usual tree. I wish they were there more often because I can get better shots.
Mary..I would kill to have that many cardinals. I am lucky if I get one a day. A neighbor said that a couple were taken by hawks in his yard. Sad. Love the Canada geese hanging around. I missed them this summer after they were killed last summer by someone around here..
What an unusual title Mary, certainly one to prick the interest. Although I like the bird shots, naturally the squirrel got all my attention today!! LOL!! They are such cute things and those are terrific close-ups.
Hi Mary,
If you are going to send over some House Sparrows to us could you send some Cardinals as well.{:)
They are lovely birds.
Rambling Woods: I have a lot of good habitat for Cardinals and they breed very well here. I'm fortunate to see lots of them.
Joan: He is a cutie up close, isn't he?
Roy: I've had a swarm of the House Sparrows every day lately. I hope I don't have them all winter. They eat all the food that the Cardinals want, so you may not want both :-) They actually hang out together....where I see one, the other is always there, too.
Great photos Mary. I loved seeing the cardinals out there, especially since we don't get them... house finches are the closest thing to red we get.
Post a Comment