(I'm in Springfield, Ohio right now, so these are from last Thursday)
Look, Becky!........snow......sort of.
I decorated Star's suet cake but when I took this he hadn't shown up to give his approval. However, it is obvious that the Wrens and Hairy Woodpecker like it....or at least don't mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
I finally noticed some chickadees visiting my feeder the other day so hopefully I'll get some photos soon.
Love the Wren shots Mary.
The pix are great, but the dialog is so much fun!
Your pictures are so good! But I agree the dialog is even better.
I miss feeding the birds. I quit feeding them when we rescued a kitten from the creek behind our house. He became an accomplished hunter, and I didn't think it was fair to lure his prey into his back yard.
An Arkie's Musings
I love the decorated suet container! Love the little birds too! You manage to get such great closeups.
What a great idea , to decorate your feeders, I must try that too for some seasonal picture taking. The wren is pretty sweet I think. I'm still waiting for my first one.
I love the decorations and the birds are so wonderful.
Great shots again. So cute that you decorated the suet cake!
--JB
Oh..I love birds with a sense of humor...Thank you for your kind comment on my blog about my frustration with my hands due to my MS..
New Rambling Woods Site
I really enjoyed the pictures and the commentary by the 'Birds'.
The decorated suet feeder looks great,I'm sure all the critters approve.
Blessings,Ruth
Well Mary, more snow is on the way tonight-sigh-. I wish I could have some in Evansville for you when you get home. I don't want you and Mike to miss any of the fun we're having, like snow blowing the driveway a couple times a day, path to the barn, and not forgetting a path to ALL the feeders, plus keeping the wood stove cooking all day and night. ( that's my job). Gary hauls wood to the basement, and I tend to the fire.
Anyway I'm envious of your Carolina Wren. I did have one almost all winter last year. Where it went, I don't know. Maybe over the "Rainbow Bridge".
Have a safe trip, and I hope Star's ribbon is still there when you get back.
Thanks everyone!
Becky: Well, stop wishing me snow...I don't want it! It is snowing here in Ohio...I want to go home! I hope it is not snowing there!
Now what in the world are you doing in Springfield? LOL!! I am sure Sar is going to like the ecoration too!!
Hello Joan: We are here for a graduation...going home Sunday.
Great pictures! Love the decorated suet-cake holder. Someone else filled their holder with fabric scraps and threads for the birds, which I thought was neat, too! That titmouse from the back was cute, with your comment! Just a neat post, all the way around!
Marie
Mary: what a neat set of bird photos. You get the neat birds at your feeders.
Fabulous, such a wide variety of sweet little darlings.
Marie: I started decorating my small suet cake a couple of years ago and was so happy with the photos of the Downy and others eating at it, that I decided to try to big cake that the squirrel likes. He's not so thrilled, but I have seen him on it already.
Fishing Guy and Denise: Yes, I do get a nice variety daily at this time of year.
I so enjoy your bird photos. These are great! I finally got a couple of bird shots and I'm trying to find a spot to squeeze them into my blog.
Post a Comment