Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bah, Humbug!..........

Well, it was one of those "I didn't take any picitures" days. This is it.....
........2 cats crossing the road in front of me......

.......and a hawk up in someone's tree that was too far away to get a good photo.

That is all the photos I took yesterday except some of the Christmas stocking that I am furiously working on to get finished and mailed!



So......I will resort to part of a post I did last year at this time (since no one read my blog back then anyway)

It seems that the only lines most people remember from "A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens are "Bah Humbug!" ....... closely followed by "God bless us everyone"! I found a great Christmas Carol quiz on the internet.........go to this site and answer the questions and see how much you really know about "A Christmas Carol".http://www.perryweb.com/Dickens/puzzle_carol.shtml


You didn't get all 10 correct??? Why not? You must not have watched the movie often enough! My husband is a "Christmas Carol" junkie. We own every version that he approves of. (he refused to buy the musical version with Albert Finney, but I may sneak out and by that one for myself)

Every year at Christmas time he watches several versions! He used to watch them all until he got too many. My personal favorite is probably "Scrooged" with Bill Murray.....or maybe the Muppet version :-) I think the others are all good, no matter who plays the parts. If you haven't seen the movie lately, find a copy and watch it!

And like Tiny Tim says: "God Bless Us Everyone!

14 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Hope you finish the stocking in time to arrive for Christmas! Recycling posts seems like a good idea if no one saw it. ;-)

2sweetnsaxy said...

Of all the movies I have, I don't have one Scrooge movie. For some reason I've never been that keen on the movie, I think because I don't like seeing anyone that down on Christmas even if they wake up in the end. I think my favorite Christmas movie is The Bishop's Wife but I like the newer version with Denzel Washington.
;-)

Roses and Lilacs said...

A Christmas Carole has never been my favorite. Maybe because it frightened me a little as a child.

My favorite movie is the 1983 "A Christmas Story" with Darren McGavin and Peter Billingsly. I also loved 'It Happened One Christmas' with Marlo Thomas and Orson Wells.
Marnie

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, No---I didn't read your blog a year ago, do I really enjoy this post. I guess my favorite Christmas movie is "It's a Wonderful Life" but there are many GREAT ones.

What kind of Christmas stocking are you making???? Hope you get it finished!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

I would be very happy if I could shot a haw on a 'I didn't take any pictures" day! :-)
The cardinals on the pevious post are awesome! How lucky to have them around.

Cicero Sings said...

All I can say, it is a challenge to come up with photos at this time of year. Firstly, how many pictures of snow can one take? Second, one can only be out so long before the camera battery dies from the cold.

Bah humbug is right!

sandy said...

Scrooged, I need to watch that again. It's been awhile.

Hope you get your project done and mailed!

Mike said...

Well I like "A Christmas Carol"! It is the perfect story of salvation and redemption and it can happen in the last hour and still be as valuble and important. It shows that no matter how bad we are we can be saved and everybody is better off for it.

Mary said...

Ok, everyone...Mike has spoken! Go out and watch a Christmas Carol and remember why it's such a good story...it really is! I like all the other Christmas movies, too..."White Christmas" being a particular favorite of mine :-) And I miss some of the old animated ones that you used to see every Christmas!

Betsy and others who asked: I've now posted the Christmas stocking in this blog and my quilting blog in more detail.

JM: It was a good day as far as seeing the hawk, but not so good for taking it's photo! Thanks for stopping by!

Becky said...

Hmmm I wonder if that hawk knew about the bird sitting behind him in the tree. Then again, maybe the bird didn't see the hawk!
I will always remember my Dad would forever be sure to watch Scrooge each Christmas.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

I love "A Christmas Carol". Several years ago, probably about 14, OH and I went to see "Scrooge" on stage in Bristol. Anthony Newley was playing Scrooge and it was fantastic!! Will never forget it.

A x

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

This time of year everyone seems to go a bit crazy so we call it the "silly season". LOL!!

Mary said...

Becky: There were several blackbirds in the tree with the hawk and a whole lot more across the street in the trees. I think they were waiting to chase it if it took off. They didn't seem to fear it!

S.J. Anne: How neat to see a stage production of it with a big star. We saw a live production once and it was pretty good, but no one well known in it.

Joan: It's a lovely season even with all the craziness :-) Brings out the child in us.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: That is one of my favorite movies also and a great story. I like you hawk in the tree surrounded by blackbirds. I think it is a Coopers Hawk with the great view of the chest feathers. Look at mine this week and compare.