Christmas eve day was very rainy
I had a driveway full of puddles and sparrows
.....and a wet squirrel :-)
He was gleaning all over the yard for a change and I would swear that I saw him take an ear of corn and stash it in a bush...need to go out and check that. Here he is up in the crab apple tree checking out the feeders.
Christmas eve late I opened the new camera and my first couple of shots were of the only wildlife around at that time of night...
Ozma....looking very silly with her new cat toy on her head. She was not impressed.
Hopey....she liked playing with her new toy, but is resting here.
Christmas morning, I got to try it out on some birds.....a very cute little Goldfinch
21 comments:
Mary, You had alot of special babies at your feeder and in and around your yard. I love the picture of your sweet little Goldfinch. We have the same birds except we have tons of Pine Siskins instead of Sparrows. (I guess that's a good thing!! ha)... BUT--I do like the colors of that White-throated Sparrow.
We had a sunny day on Christmas but it is raining today.
Hugs,
Betsy
Mary: That was a neat amount of different birds to show. You captured them wonderfully.
Hoping you had a great Christmas.
You certainly have an assortment of birds on which to try the new camera.Have fun.
Blessings,Ruth
Looks like your new camera is doing a good job. I had to smile at your comment about Mrs Cardinal hanging out with bad company.
Your kitties look content. They must have gotten what they wanted for Christmas;)
Marnie
Mary, you will have so much fun with your new camera!! Great colours and great details on the pictures you have shared here. I love the little Wren and also the White-throated Sparrow photos! Part of my family has left, the remaining ones will leave in the morning. Then things will be back to normal and I will turn my attention to the birds again once more, hang out my new birdfeeder in Bird Alley and get back to blogging again soon.
Hi Mary, so glad you've got your new camera at last. Have fun! What camera is it?
Hi Mary- Looks like that S100fs will serve you well (i peaked at your exif data to see which camera you got!) I got a new digital video camera which I can't wait to play with outside once it stops raining.
Tom
I have got to look up the camera you got...looks like it is going to serve you well.
I really do wish you could mail me a wren...
Hey, take a picture of your new camera with your old camera and show us!
The new camera takes awful pictures Mary so I think you had better send it to me. LOL!! Just kidding of course!! These are lovely and I am sure you are going to have MANY happy hours with it. Now I want to see more macro's please. :)
Beautiful Pictures! I know you will enjoy your new camera!! I got a new lens and I'm anxious to get aquainted with it!
Looks like you are having fun with your camera and it is taking some great photos...
Betsy: I usually have a few Pine Siskins, too. I saw a few today.
Fishing Guy: Thanks! I had a very nice Christmas.
Ruth:Had an even better assortment today at the slough again!
Marnie:Love the new camera! The female cardinals always seem to be hanging with the House Sparrows.
Jenny: A FinePix S100 FS. Roy recommended it...thanks, Roy!
Tom: Aren't new cameras great! Now you can get good videos of the baby when it comes.
Rose: This is the 3rd FinePix we have had...and by far the finest so far. I like that it is enough similar to what I am used to that it isn't all new to learn.
Joan: I'll have to find something to try the macro on...since I know that is your favorite :-)
Dorothy: I'm lucky to manage a camera, without changing lens, too. Good luck!
Rambling Woods: It is so much fun...and there is so much I don't know still.
Ann: Didn't mean to skip right over your comment! I'll be awaiting your take on my waterfowl pics :-) I think you missed the set from the old camera.
Have fun with the new camera and be sure you don't give all the credit to the camera...it's the photographer too ya know!!
NW Nature Nut: As little as I know, I'd say at this point the camera gets the credit :-)
Lots of great shots Mary. I can see now you will be glued to that new camera. LOL. It is so much fun isn't it. Anyway You have some really pretty birds. I haven't seen any of the white throated or white crowned sparrows yet. But then I can always look at yours. Have a wonderful day without no snow.
Doing good with that new camera of yours!
I have not had 1 goldfinch this winter. And it irritates me!
Photos are lovely!
Becky: I wish I was a faster learner...I learn things better when people show me than from reading manuels. The new camera is heavy...will have to get used to that!
Cicero: Thanks, need to learn more to take advantage of it.
Annie: I've heard other complaints about the lack of Goldfinches this winter. I have a few hanging around, but not the great number that went through about a month ago.
Great series of photos and that squirrel on the tree limb, wow...love it.
Post a Comment