Saturday, December 13, 2008

5 Greatest Joys I Find in Nature.....

The other day Wren tagged me for a meme on "the 5 greatest joys I find in nature". I don't usually like to do memes, but this one interested me. These are 5 things that to me are what makes nature so wonderful and provides me with joy:

1. A.....It's Always there!
Nature to me is anything not man-made in the universe. Nature was here before me and it will be here after me. It may not be the same, but it will out last me. The moon....

....the rocks....

....the mountains, all ancient and enduring.
2. B......It's Beautiful!

There is way too much beauty in nature for me to even began to cover it in a few photos, but then my blog is always trying to show Nature's beauty!

Sunsets....
......all creatures.....
......flowers.
3. C......It's Consistent and yet surprising at times.

Nature repeats itself so consistently....every goldfinch looks like another...
.......4 turtles all alike.....
but......

.....my favorite squirrel....

......might very well produce an albino just to keep me guessing!
Every year I can count on the consistency of 4 seasons:

Spring

Summer
Fall
Winter.....yet each of those seasons will not be exactly like the previous one.

4. D.....It's Diverse. There is something for everyone!

If you wish, you can live in a desert.....

.....or near water and mountains......

....or in a forest. Or many other places that I have no photos of yet! Whatever you like or want, nature has it............

.....whether its butterflies.....

.......or mammels! or something in between.

5. E.......It has Everything I need to survive!

Nature provides me with food....

....water and energy.....

....the means of providing shelter.
I find nature's joy in these 5 things and I thank God, the Creator for all the wonders to be found in nature.
"For everything God created is good...."
1 Timothy 4:4
I assume that I'm now suppose to tag 5 others to tell me the "5 greatest joys that they find in nature". I'll choose the following 5 and if you wish to do it fine and if not that's OK, too.
1. Eve at Sunny Side Up

21 comments:

Mike said...

Stunning post Mary, great collection of shots.

me ann my camera said...

Mary, this is a most wonderful presentation! And I love your reasons too. I will think this topic over during the day and try to come up with something to post tomorrow. Once again, a wonderful post!! Great pictures!

Shelley said...

I felt like I was reading a lovely nature novel w/ all these wonderful photos! Being a log cabin dweller - I loved the last photo!

Mary said...

Ann: Thanks! I hesitate to do this...I'm not good on these meme things, but talking about nature is more up my alley :-) I'm sure your reasons will be good ones!

Shellmo: Thanks! I bet your log cabin looks a little more modern this this one which was at a heritage village. I imagine it is beautiful! I'm a dome dweller myself :-)

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

You really did a nice job here. I love what you say and all your pictures. Just beautiful!

Richard Lawry said...

WOW! You find a lot of joy in nature. What a beautiful group of photos. I found a lot of joy just looking at them.

An Arkie's Musings

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Wow, a photo journey with so many neat photos. You told a beautiful story to go along with the journey.

Eve said...

This is wonderful Mary. You did a lovely job. I love the cabin too!!
Thanks for thinking of me! I'll work on this...as soon as my fingers thaw!! Ha Ha I've been out in nature this morning and it's COLD!!!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

This is a brilliant post Mary. I love your photographs and reasons. I will try to respond but I am not sure if I can find such beautiful photographs to go with it but will try. ")

Anonymous said...

I knew you'd do something wonderful with this, and you did. Thanks so much for participating in the meme and passing it on.

Suzanne said...

I share your love of nature. Mary, you make my heart sing! Thank you for this amazing post. :)

Rose said...

I have enjoyed your post and I will try to do the meme later...I am afraid I will have a hard time coming up with my own ideas, though one popped into my head the minute I seen what it was about!

abbey meadows said...

A fascinating post with wonderful photography to compliment it.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Wow,you've about covered everything in nature to be thankful for.Your pictures showed each of these things so well.The Lord ,our God deserves all the praise.
Blessings,Ruth

Q said...

Dear Mary,
I am so excited to meet you. We love so many of the same things. Your photography is lovely.
Nature is awesome.
Sweet backyard birds.
Looking forward to reading your journal and getting to know you.
Namaste,
Sherry

The Birdlady said...

Mary, I always enjoy your blog, but this is just perfect. It made my day! Thank you.

Mary said...

Thank you everyone! It was fun thinking about this and looking through my files for photos. I just got through my second Christmas party of the weekend and I am too sleepy to leave individual comments. I wanted to tag every one of you for the meme....some would have done it and some would have no interest, but I would love knowing what each of you enjoys about nature. Of course, I can tell by your blogs what you like taking photos of :-)

abb said...

What an absolutely wonderful post! Every word and photo is just beautiful. So very glad you shared this.

Mary said...

Annie: Thanks! It was a struggle.

2sweetnsaxy said...

This was so great! What wonderful shots. I haven't had the time to concentrate on doing this one. Maybe tomorrow...

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Mary, This is my first time to your blog. I got here from Wren's blog. I loved your post--especially that waterfall. My hubby and I are waterfalling people.. We've seen 287 different waterfalls since 2001.

I also love sunrises and sunsets --and of course the birds!!! Wow---it was a great blog. Check mine out sometime.
Thanks,
Betsy