There were two Great Blue Herons stalking around in the water below the Osprey nests.
A green Heron at a greater distance from them.
I was standing on the edge of a road to take all these photos, and these butterflies were on the Milkweed plants below the guardrail. A Silver Spotted Skipper on the left and a Fritillary on the right.
Two Fritillaries.
While driving around, we stopped at a covered bridge and this old barn and silo were nearby.
Purple Martins and their houses.
Box Turtle in the roadway.
The covered bridge we saw. No longer in use.
A turtle swimming in the creek below the bridge.
This little church was nice and had an interesting steeple ornament.
We also stopped at a local winery. There are many in the southern Indiana area. I liked their name (the wines are pretty good, too:-) I asked about the name and that is the name of the creek running through the area.
Some of the vines in the distance.
And of course there were monkeys!
8 comments:
HI Mary...I get a kick out of the fact that those Monkeys..which my aunt always made out of socks ,which these look like they are!! They where so popular "when" I was a kid (we won't say "when" LOL)
Some great sights from you Patoka trip!!
I love the butterflies on milkweed, and the old silo and covered bridge..covered bridges are intriguing!!
Grace
HI Mary...I get a kick out of the fact that those Monkeys..which my aunt always made out of socks ,which these look like they are!! They where so popular "when" I was a kid (we won't say "when" LOL)
Some great sights from you Patoka trip!!
I love the butterflies on milkweed, and the old silo and covered bridge..covered bridges are intriguing!!
Grace
You see so much beauty when out on your travels. Thanks so much for sharing these pictures. I love the butterfly shots,but of course I enjoyed them all.
Love going on your trips. Our milkweed isn't out yet, but I sure hope it brings the butterflies.
Love the covered bridge too.
Raining and much cooler here today, but we do need water.
Nice to be able to get some butterfly shots Mary and the old bridge is amazing. A reminder of the film
"Bridges of Madison County"
The anchor on the church steeple is fascinating. I'm guessing it is part of a weathervane, but the symbolism is appropriate regardless. I also like the name 'Monkey Hollow'. The covered bridge is beautiful.
Great drive! I love the silo and the covered bridge! The steeple ornament was so interesting, and of course your birds and butterflies are always wonderful to see!
We have been down in that area only once that I remember...wouldn't mind going again.
Post a Comment