There are three families of Canada geese at the wetlands right now.
This pair have 7 babies and I love how they swim along in a line with mom and dad at each end :-)
The other two pair have 4 babies each.
This group was busy dunking and diving as they swam away.
The second day they were less afraid and totally ignored us as they did their eating and preening.
"This is the way Mom taught me to wash before eating."
"Aren't my babies adorable??"
Snorkling for food. So cute to see them all head down copying their parents.
Ahhhhhhhhh
If these were humans, I would say boy in the back and two girls busy preening in the front :-)
"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not finding much!"
"Mom, says this is how we get our food."
Back on the creek with the turtles, there is one pair of geese with no babies.
I think this one looks like a ballet dancer standing at the barre ready to begin exercises :-)
Goose guard
What all those little yellow balls of fluff will look like eventually.
7 comments:
They are cute! When I first got my camera many years ago, one of the first pictures I took was similar to the first one you posted....Mom and dad at both ends with the babies in the middle.
OH how neat, Mary... I love seeing the Mamas and Papas with their babies... SO precious!!!!! They really are good parents, aren't they???? Thanks so much for sharing. Put a smile on my face today!
Hugs,
Betsy
They are so cute! I thought about 'getting your Ducks in a row", but wait, these are Geese! Great pictures!
Those babies are just the cutest. The geese make such good parents,attentive to the babies every need.
The baby geese are adorable! What wonderful shots! The parents really seemed to be showing them off! Oh, and I meant to say on your next post, how neat it was for you guys to see that Kingfisher, too!
Yes, I think I have enough fences here in Tucson to last me through a lifetime of Fridays Fences posts!
:-) I'm having fun with it.
There is nothing cuter than those goslings. So much fun to watch.
We'll be going to check on the swan family soon too.
They are adorable...I would so want one.
Post a Comment