Thursday, April 5, 2012

Blue on Blue.....

It's raining today, so I will pretend the sun is shining and show my little blue butterfly photos :-)
 The little Eastern-tailed Blues are so tiny.....you can see the clover behind this one.  The butterfly isn't any bigger than one lobe of the clover leaf.
 I watched them flit through the grass like little purple flowers....they look very dark blue when flying....but most of the time they wouldn't land anywhere for me.
 There must have been something special about this clover blossom!  It had two land on it......
.....and a third one tried! 
 I was just happy to get a few photo of them :-)
 I have probably seen these little butterflies flying around for years and never paid them any attention because of their small size.  But then I saw other bloggers posting blue butterflies and I was so wishing I would see one.  Not realizing they were there all the time!  Just shows what putting a camera up to your eye and reading blogs can teach you.  Thank you fellow Bloggers!
 I guess this is enough blue for one day :-)
Twice as nice.

6 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

These Blues put a smile on my face.They may be small,but oh are they pretty.

Roy said...

You did get some great photos of them Mary.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh they are stunning! Love that 3rd one trying to get in on the action! Happy Easter weekend!

Janice K said...

That clover must have been especially great to attract so many at once....Neat pictures.

I wish you a blessed Easter!

A Colorful World said...

These little blue butterflies are just so pretty Mary! And the fact that you got so many pictures of them is wonderful! I rarely can catch a butterfly on a flower, and if I do, his wings are closed!

The agave will be its own post once it blooms! I'm looking forward to it as I have never seen one put up its spike and then flower and fruit before.

Hope you and Mike are having a wonderful Easter weekend!

Rose said...

I love these little butterflies...always have.