I don't know if there will be any flowers left by May, but April is sure bursting into bloom!
It has been a very fast spring blooming season this year.
I walked around the yard looking to see what was out already. The small flag irises are blooming. I have more greenery than flowers....they really need to be dug up and about half of them thrown away! I find it so hard to throw away plants. These iris are more like "weeds" than anything else, but I do like their flowers.
The Crane's Bill geraniums are blooming.
My irises have taken a beating from the spring rain and winds and most are lying on the ground. These are actually trying to get to more sunlight. I have them in a rather shady corner next to the garage. I just threw the roots on the ground there one year and they begin to grow and seem very hardy.
My one white iris is particularly tall and last night's winds brought it down. I need to stake it up.
The Mock Orange bushes are just beginning to bloom.
I put some pansies in a pot by the front door. I always like the short cool time when pansies are really happy with the weather before the heat sets in for the summer.
My Peonies are also a victim of the wind and rain. Lying on the deck, they still look pretty.
I like the bits of red at the heart of the white ones.
I used to love the dark reddish ones, but now the white one has become my favorite.
The Rhododendron bushes are blooming. I like rhododendrons better than their "cousins", the azaleas, because of the individual flowers with more green around them to make them stand out.....as opposed to the concentrated blooms on the azaleas. But both are beautiful in the spring!
Later on I will have a pale pink one blooming. It is slower than these darker pinks.
April showers also bring......April worms!
The worms must be lying thick on the ground! This Robin was collecting huge mouthfuls with little work.
Taking them home to its mate maybe?
I have lots of birds around, but don't seem to get too many photos these days.
8 comments:
Gorgeous shots of your flowers! Love the little geranium! Oh my! that peony is a beauty. This is my favorite,, because when I was a child, our neighbor had this kind planted in bottomless wash tubs and they bloomed so pretty every year. The Rhododendron is a knockout, too!!
I can tell you have more flowers in bloom than me...my peony is not even close to blooming...well, not very close. I have one iris that has bloomed that is right against the house...the others are still a few days away.
Wow! All those beautiful flowers.
Hi Mary, Before I forget--I love your bird quilt pieces... Awesome...
Great flowers.. Almost the same that we have here--except we aren't getting the rain now. Today we had maybe 5 minutes ---and rains all day went ALL around us...
I like Rhodies better than Azaleas too--but both are pretty this time of year.
I still have a silly Robin coming to the suet feeder... I keep telling him to get out there and find some worms..... Duh!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Hio Mary... Your flower photos are gorgeous ..I love the close ups on the Peonies..and that white Iris is lovely do these ususally bloom all at the same time ...I don't know about you , but things just seem to early here...flowers blooming. and birds nesting that I don't ever recall happening this early ...seems about 3 weeks ahead ??? It wasn't only a few years ago that we had a snow storm that dropped 10 inche of snow the last week of April!! It has been 80ish during the day here for the past 3 days and very,very, dry..we have been on a severe fire alert for a 2 weeks now!! Forest fires everywhere..one set of by the firing of a Canon for Patriots day celebration lol..!!
Ooop's look like I should have sent you an email.. : }}
Grace
Wow, I can't believe all the flowers you have already! Only crocus here.
Thank you everyone! I'm trying to catch up on all of your blogs. Thanks for stopping by mine!
It's so good to see such wonderful Spring colors. You do have the best places to visit!
Post a Comment